Iron Bowl

PillsburyDoughboy

And the Internet forum posts that said Alabama would be up 14 in the first quarter and run away with the game in the second half because Auburn has no chance?

Snark filled volley from the uninformed :rolleyes: pot meet kettle.

Well that prediction of mine would have been spot on if the two touchdowns ALABAMA had would not have gotten called back because of penalties.

ALABAMA kept shooting themselves in the foot moreso than auburn being productive. Otherwise the score would have been much much different at the end.

"The offense jumped out to yet another strong start with a touchdown on the first drive. Then it got in its own way at times with two touchdowns called back because of penalties. Alabama also had trouble finishing drives at times"

trtr0611

Well that prediction of mine would have been spot on if the two touchdowns ALABAMA had would not have gotten called back because of penalties.

ALABAMA kept shooting themselves in the foot moreso than auburn being productive. Otherwise the score would have been much much different at the end.

"The offense jumped out to yet another strong start with a touchdown on the first drive. Then it got in its own way at times with two touchdowns called back because of penalties. Alabama also had trouble finishing drives at times"
My goodness just take your lucky win and stop trying to be a football guru. It doesn't fit you.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
This is what got Alabama in trouble (from the above linked article) along with 8 penalties:
Defense: C-
Alabama could not stop the run vs. Auburn much of the time, especially in the first half. Then the passing offense came alive in the second half some as Alabama had issues in coverage. Auburn's offense should not have had as much success as it did dominating on the ground. But Alabama did enough in the end defensively to get the win.

PillsburyDoughboy

My goodness just take your lucky win and stop trying to be a football guru. It doesn't fit you.
One thing is for certain. Saban is going to use this as motivation .

Resiliencey has gotten them this far but not going to get them the rest of the way. Much bigger programs ahead and Saban knows it.

Latest posts