Invasive Lineup

Football Hunter

Maybe cut back on the gly from 3oz per gallon to 2 per gallon?

Ive mowed several times since spring,guess I didnt catc the sedge right though,man that mint stuff grows like crazy,but I dont really care about it.

Quailman

Football Hunter said:

If you are spraying 15 gallons of water (mix) per acre, then I wouldn't add more than 1.5 ounces/gallon. As a % solution, it's really like spraying a little more than a 1% concentraion. A normal application rate for Glyphosate is about 2.5%, which would come out to 1.5 quarts per acre.

Quailman

TS_13 said:
I just loaded up 4oz/gal (@ 25% gly stock). That should be ok right? 1%?

TS, let's make sure we're on the same page. Are you getting ready to spray and kill everything, as you would for a normal herbicide application? If so, the normal rate is a 2.5% solution (2.5% of total mix is herbicide) for most Glyphosate products.

If you are going to try the technique I mentioned about spraying your clover plots to kill the weeds but not hurt the clover, then you need to back off to a 1% solution. You also only need to try this when the clover is dormant in the late summer.

I'm not sure what Glyphosate product you are using that is 25% Glyphosate. Most generic Roundup products (Gly-4, Clear out, touchdown, Razor pro, etc.) will contain about 41% Glyphosate. Roundup normally runs about 50% Glyphosate.

Now back to your original question. If the product you have is 25% Glyphosate, then your 4oz./gallon rate will be close to meet a normal 1% concentration rate for most Glyphosate products. Personally, I would back off to 3 oz./gallon if I was trying the method I mentioned. But, you should be alright.

TS_13

Great, thanks again. I picked some stuff up at Depot that was 25%. I am going to try your method. My clover is almost non existant now and what is there is pittyful looking. So I guess I will spray, disc, and re-seed. It cant hurt.

Football Hunter

Quailman said:
Football Hunter said:

If you are spraying 15 gallons of water (mix) per acre, then I wouldn't add more than 1.5 ounces/gallon. As a % solution, it's really like spraying a little more than a 1% concentraion. A normal application rate for Glyphosate is about 2.5%, which would come out to 1.5 quarts per acre.
Will try that

Latest posts