Invasives question

Football Hunter

I have 2 places on my land,about 1/2 acre each.Full of all the nastys,johnson grass,jap grass,bermuda,fescue,coontail,etc,etc.Last weekend I wick barred em with gly,then on sunday sprayed em with gly,HEAVY.So I figure i 10 days or so will go bush hog em,wait a week or so and spray em again.

Enentually,Im gonna use both places as tree plots,sawtooths,pears aplles etc.I figure Ill add perrenial clover,as I know it wont just stay dirt,But,heres my question,once the disc hits the ground,wont I just "wake up" dormant seeds of the nasty stuff?

No,I dont have a no till.Maybe disc up,wait a week or 2,and spray again?Not really in any hurry for the clover,maybe someting I can work on during bow,get planted by mid October?

These are 2 areas I not counting on for food plots this year,just want to add to the overall food sources down the line,may be no hunt zones.Figure the cover Im giving up is easily replaced,with better and more cover by the recent logging.

Any thoughts?

PickettSFHunter

Dont even disc, just sow your clover and cover crop right into the mowed/sprayed grass. Ive virtually eliminated alot of my invasive weed problems( jap stiltgrass, fescue, and fox tail mainly) by just spraying and not discing.

richmanbarbeque

A disc has it's place but when I started turning my dirt I started dealing grasses. If I was planting small seeds and fall plots I would scratch the dirt and broadcast.

Football Hunter

smstone22 said:
Dont even disc, just sow your clover and cover crop right into the mowed/sprayed grass. Ive virtually eliminated alot of my invasive weed problems( jap stiltgrass, fescue, and fox tail mainly) by just spraying and not discing.
I guess a good rain will drive the seed down?