info about calls and types

Boll Weevil

Hahahahahahahaha that's pretty much what I had under box calls until I found out it was to many characters. I feel the same way about them for some reason.
You and mega made me chuckle. Definitely agree that a box can be less realistic than a well run mouth call...no argument there whatsoever. At the same time I've got a couple of Halloran boxes that birds will holler at when they won't at anything else. One box I started calling the Death Hen.

REN

You and mega made me chuckle. Definitely agree that a box can be less realistic than a well run mouth call...no argument there whatsoever. At the same time I've got a couple of Halloran boxes that birds will holler at when they won't at anything else. One box I started calling the Death Hen.

I've actually gotten to a point I don't mind them as much and some of the good ones out there like his sound very good. I just can't carry one due to a mental block at this point. THEY ALWAYS SQUEAK AT THE WRONG TIMES

String Music

I'm with ya'll on the box calls. To me, they really shine when trying to strike a bird- especially on windy days. Unfortunately that doesn't bring enough value to me to carry one.

For those that hate squeaky boxes, check out the boxes made by Tony Reynolds. He uses a lanyard that comes through the bottom of the box and around the paddle. It makes the box completely silent. Very smart on his part.

Hymie3

There is one more, at least I didn't see it.. the push pull box. My son got me a cheap one for Father's Day several years back and I always kept it in my vest just for that reason. Seems like It would squeak on its own at the worst times ha. However, one morning I left all my mouth calls in the truck and it was my only hope...too far to walk back to the truck. I called in a nice gobbler with it Straight off the roost so it has earned a place in my vest for sentimental and backup reasons.

Latest posts