Pot calls

REN

Just my opinion but Jimmy Shaffer at oak ridge custom calls makes one of the best out there.

Besides that one of the nicest guys you will ever talk to over the phone. I've tried a TON over the years but his are about all I carry anymore.

Lots of great call makers out there though. Call him and just talk to him though, just a great guy that makes a heck of a call

Rakkin6

Jimmy Schafer, Lonzo Trice, Brad Roberts, MAC, and definitely give Buster Halford a look.

If you want a pot call now instead of waiting look at Hallorans or Hanks.

Just my .02

deerhunter10

Jimmy Shaffer and Darrin Dawkins about all I run now. Darrin Dawkins aluminum call is unbelievable. still use a david hollaren some to. Love collecting pot calls only use a hand full. As said above mr jimmy is a great guy.

ROVERBOY

If you're into glass, Mark Cornelius has a double glass in a cherry pot that is really good. Karl Lausman makes good glass calls. Check out his Persimmon Popper.
I made a glass with a glass soundboard, in a redheart pot for a friend several years ago. He said he absolutely loves it.

Boll Weevil

The only pot I carry these days is a Cody II glass. It's generally a "close the deal" type call for super stubborn birds vs a locator.

ROVERBOY

I've heard crystal surface calls are great. Never tried one or made one. Might try that sometime.

Rakkin6

I am a ceramic and metal surface fan. I have some killer Tingling metal surface calls in copper, stainless, stoned. Just picked up one from Buster the other day that is nice.

ROVERBOY

I am a ceramic and metal surface fan. I have some killer Tingling metal surface calls in copper, stainless, stoned. Just picked up one from Buster the other day that is nice.
I've made a couple with copper surface. One has a ceramic soundboard and I think the other had a acrylic soundboard. They sounded good. I 've never done a stainless or stoned. Did do a couple aluminum. In my building experience , aluminum is hit or miss. IDK.

Latest posts