Diaphragm calls

Black Titan

I've been asked to go turkey hunting this spring. I plan to use a bow, but aside from a box call I don't have anything else specific to turkey hunting.

I'd like to learn how to use a diaphragm call. Is there a "kit" that includes a few different types of calls that is budget friendly so I can pick some up and try to learn them? I've seen a few listed, but don't know what I'm looking at or which call does what.

BT

deerhunter10

Go get a double reed call they are the easiest with little to no air pressure. There's a ton of youtube videos about it. I learned when I was a kid before youtube of course. I never could make it work with how the calls explained it. But they can explain where to get your mouth and they help get your tongue in the right place. Then it's all about air control. You just need to learn how to yelp if you can yelp you can call in a turkey. And then learn when to shut up. A box call has killed a ton of turkeys and will continue to kill a pile of them. A pot call is also a good way to learn how to call. Down fall is movement for those. Adding a bow adds a whole new level if thats what you want to do by all means go for it. Warning!⚠️ ⚠️ turkey hunting is addicting... good luck

Rakkin6

I've been asked to go turkey hunting this spring. I plan to use a bow, but aside from a box call I don't have anything else specific to turkey hunting.

I'd like to learn how to use a diaphragm call. Is there a "kit" that includes a few different types of calls that is budget friendly so I can pick some up and try to learn them? I've seen a few listed, but don't know what I'm looking at or which call does what.

BT
Personally I learned on some Primos calls and still use them from time to time. Here is a link to a pretty good three pack that is pretty good for a starter pack.

Black Titan

I ended up with this one. I thought I was ordering a 3 pack but apparently I made the wrong selection. Anyways, after about 10 minutes of having it upside down, backwards, too much pressure, too little pressure, and almost choking twice, I can finally make turkey sounds.

Then my 4 year old heard me.

I've just spent the last hour chasing and being chased with a plastic sword while flapping my arms like a turkey and clucking all through the house. He sure enjoyed it, and now I'm exhausted lol.

1000002963.jpg

BT

BT
IMG_9695.jpeg

DM me your address and me and Clarence will hook you up. 👍🏼

*Edited to add, book not included. 😆😆😆

Last edited:

Latest posts