If you can only keep ONE

JCDEERMAN

I agree I have the same gun that was given to my father by my grandfather and given to me in 1992. Has probably only had 200 or so rounds ran through it. Still looks pretty much brand new.
Same here. My dad shot his first deer with it (button buck) in 1965 and I shot my first deer with it 30 years to the day (also a button buck). That's what I hunt with 90% of the time during gun season. 200gr bullet will sure put them down. I keep it in mint condition

jag1

Marlin 35 336c passed to me from my dad when he passed when I was 14. He passed in May & shot my first deer with it in November on a juvenile hunt. Daughter shot her first deer with it. Several other youth have shot their first deer with it. The only rifle I hunt with.

DoubleRidge

The question was "if" you could only grab "one" gun which would it be? So sentimental value immediately comes into the decision making process....allot of guns can be replaced.... memories and experience with a particular firearm can't be replaced.....so for me: Remington 700BDL in 30/06... bought 1991...hunted multiple states with that rifle...so "if" I can only grab one....it's the one.

Lost Lake

Excellent choice.....my Dad has my Grandfather's Winchester 94' in 30/30....first rifle I ever carried deer hunting... beutiful old rifle.... classic.
Thanks. Hope you get that rifle one day. You know I have quite a few rifles, and have killed lots of deer with a lot of different cartridges. But, in the end, a good 30/30 carries like a dream and lays em low at woods ranges. Sometimes I wonder why I even use anything else!

DoubleRidge

Thanks. Hope you get that rifle one day. You know I have quite a few rifles, and have killed lots of deer with a lot of different cartridges. But, in the end, a good 30/30 carries like a dream and lays em low at woods ranges. Sometimes I wonder why I even use anything else!

I'd be honored to own that rifle someday.....and I agree.....the 30/30 can get it done in the timber as good as any....and has probably taken more than any....true classic.

Rakkin6

Same here. My dad shot his first deer with it (button buck) in 1965 and I shot my first deer with it 30 years to the day (also a button buck). That's what I hunt with 90% of the time during gun season. 200gr bullet will sure put them down. I keep it in mint condition
I just take mine to the range occasionally and shoot it. Where I hunt here in my area of Tennessee it is Slug/muzzleloader/bow only that's why mine even though it is older only has about 200 rounds shot through it. Plus ammo can be a little tough to find. Even more so now with all this craziness.

JCDEERMAN

I just take mine to the range occasionally and shoot it. Where I hunt here in my area of Tennessee it is Slug/muzzleloader/bow only that's why mine even though it is older only has about 200 rounds shot through it. Plus ammo can be a little tough to find. Even more so now with all this craziness.
Ammo has been hard to find for it for several years. About a year ago I found a place that could order in bulk and bought enough for my lifetime and hopefully my daughter. Spent the investment and bought 25 boxes.