Food Plots I would like to plant brassicas

DoubleRidge

not sure I understand the process. Broadcast, spray & mow. If I add them to my brassicas as suggested by "DoubleRidge" I can't mow.

Another option that I'm experimenting with on one plot....I divided it into three sections....3/4 acre down one side of plot is in heavy cereal rye....then 1/4 acre strip down the center of the plot is in all barasicas...then the 1/4 acre strip down the opposite side of the plot (shady side) is in clover....first time I've ever tried planting in separate sections like this....but I'm curious to see how the deer use it and I'm curious to see what grows best in this particular plot....also new this year for us is we planted several small plots in all barasicas...then the larger plots will be in cereal rye and crimson clover....just waiting on rain to proceed.

RobDooley

Thanks for all the info, I do appreciate it. I plan on planting oats and brassicas as I always do with really good sucess. I just thought I might add some cereal rye later if it will germinate from broadcasting only. Thanks again for your time.

DoubleRidge

Thanks for all the info, I do appreciate it. I plan on planting oats and brassicas as I always do with really good sucess. I just thought I might add some cereal rye later if it will germinate from broadcasting only. Thanks again for your time.

And the good thing about the cereal rye is "if" it actually gets cold this fall and winter and the oats freeze out....the cereal rye will remain green till spring...and just before a rain I wouldn't hesitate to layer in some cereal rye by broadcasting.

Latest posts