I wanna build a 1k yard rifle

MUP

It's threaded. Should suppress it for this?
Up to you, 06, imo, isn't that loud, but then again I'm hard of hearing as it is. If the barrel is already threaded, and if that tickles your fancy then go for it! It'll be quieter all around for hunting and target shooting. I don't even have a brake on my WinMag, and it hammers me every time, but it just doesn't shoot as accurately with one for me, so I endure it for the accuracy I get. I'm not far from you buddy so when you get ready just let me know and i can help you get started. 👍🏻

Red Talon

I'm thinking 260 Rem.
I bought a Mod 7 Rem in the late 90's and love it.
I'd like to do this with a rifle that's still practical to hunt with. 22 to 24" barrel, 1:8 twist.
I've been looking recently and all see is Savage rifles. Is anyone else still making a 260?
And no,no creedmore, I'm not looking for that.
Good Luck if you go with a Savage rifle. I once owned a Savage rifle, many years ago, and it was the worst gun that I have ever owned. It was extremely heavy and didn't function properly. I swore then that I would NEVER buy another Savage rifle and haven't. Hopefully they have improved them since then.

Mid

Build a .260 on a Savage Action and don't look back!! Find an older short action (4.40" screw spacing) get a B&C Stock M40 or Medalist and Northland Shooter Supply will have all the tools and get a GREAT barrel (partial to Shilen Match Select). .260 was my first match rig in 2008 (was chooting 6.5mm before it was cool), still have the rifle, still my most dependable, accurate & FUN to shoot. Its been a mile, put meat in freezer (from 30yrds to 785yrds), and very mild load will get you YEARS of service.
IMG_2182 (002).JPG

Latest posts