I think I got it!

spctbone

2-Step Enabled
Went to shoot again today. here is a pic of the first shot out of a crysyal clean gun at 25 yds.
101_0269.jpg

Here is the 4 shot group I shot with out spit patching between. This was at 75 yards, couldn't get an clear shot any further than that. I will limit my shots to 100 MAX untill I can shoot it to see where it hits. The size of that can is 2 3/4" wide.
101_0270.jpg

spctbone

2-Step Enabled
AAHCmember said:
all kill shots....good enough

Exactly what I said yesterday.

I just know I will limit my self to a range of no more than 100yds. My Luck Bullwinkle will come out at 125 a laugh at me! LOL

spctbone

2-Step Enabled
No adjustments made, Was shooting withthe gun rested on the back of a camp chair and me kneeling. So sight picture could have changed a little. Plus I was trying to hurry cause the kids wanted to go spooking! LOL

I think It will be ok. Where do you think it would hit at 100 yards? I am guessing about an inch low? is that correct?

encore06

I would hold mid-body at 150 yards, top of back - no daylight at 100 yards. About time you got that thing zeroed-in where you are comfortable. At the end of sat. morning hunt, take you a 200 yd shot at a knot on a tree, with a good rest and a good safe backing behind the shot. Good hunting Jackie, waiting on the story & pics. :D

Carl

spctbone

2-Step Enabled
Actually Saturday is the TWRA Wheelchair bound hunt, DSA will be volunteering there to help them out! Might not get to hunt at all, But guess what? I honestly dont care! It is all about the hunters!

CZ284

Renegade-
You seen to have the trajectory thing figured out pretty well. If you don't mind, I'd appreciate a "guesstimate". I'm shooting the same powder/ bullet combination as spctbone. I'm sighted in 2 inches high at 50 yds. My guessing is that I should be pretty much dead on at 100. Where I hunt anything over about 80 yards in the woods is not probable but we do have a powerline where the ridges are about 100 yards apart, so it could be possible to sit on a ridge and see 100 yards in either direction.
Thanks.

spctbone

2-Step Enabled
OK so does me having the high shoot through scope mounts change what you said earlier? Center of the scope is probably 1" from the top of the barrel.

I also want to thank you renegade50 for taking the time to help some guys out! It is people like you that make this site what it is!

Latest posts