I sssoooo can't wait!

Dbllunger

They haven't got the water just right in my river yet but I did fish it Sunday morning and saw a few fish and had one hit but not hookup. It won't be long. They are definately behind where they were at this time last year for me. It is driving me crazy

CATCHDAWG

TNTomtaker01 said:
I been trying to figure these fish out but haven't had much luck at all!
Over here it depends on generation and the water temp way down in the main Tennessee (Chicamauga). When the lake starts to warm they start up the Hiawassee but if its "to" cold they won't move up and there has to be plenty of generation. It's really kinda a guessing game but I can usually bank on mid June.

TNTomtaker01

CATCHDAWG said:
TNTomtaker01 said:
I been trying to figure these fish out but haven't had much luck at all!
Over here it depends on generation and the water temp way down in the main Tennessee (Chicamauga). When the lake starts to warm they start up the Hiawassee but if its "to" cold they won't move up and there has to be plenty of generation. It's really kinda a guessing game but I can usually bank on mid June.
Fishing here on Tim's ford is hit or miss might catch them might not. I've always heard good things about the Cumberland but have never even wet a line in it let alone put a boat on it. Tail water fishing is a little intimidating I've done it with other ppl in Alabama but never in my own boat.

MattR

Yea I think I am gonna give it a try this weekend, cheatham has been on fire so far this year hasn't it

stik

we used to wear them out on the clinch river below melton hill dam but the skipjacks have been scarce the last few years and so have the big stripers. may have to take a ride to the Hiwassee. do you wade or use a boat?

CATCHDAWG

stik said:
we used to wear them out on the clinch river below melton hill dam but the skipjacks have been scarce the last few years and so have the big stripers. may have to take a ride to the Hiwassee. do you wade or use a boat?
Both depending on what section I'm fishing and the amount of time I have. I bought a inflatable pontoon for the upper ends this year, we'll see how that goes.

CATCHDAWG

Buckblaster said:
I caught one pushing thirty above devil shoals in reliance in a drift boat. In wondering if you could catch a few around pinhook from a boat??
Yes, they should be in that area right now. I fished it memorial weekend and didn't do any good but I'm getting reports of fish further up than that now so I would bet they are there.

CATCHDAWG

Yeah Stik, it would be worth it, matter of fact I'm gonna be floating that section on the 13th weather and generation permitting. In bout a month you would want to put in at Reliance and take out at 411. Just give me a heads up before you go and I "should" know where the fish are at.

stik

CATCHDAWG said:
Yeah Stik, it would be worth it, matter of fact I'm gonna be floating that section on the 13th weather and generation permitting. In bout a month you would want to put in at Reliance and take out at 411. Just give me a heads up before you go and I "should" know where the fish are at.

good to know. we may give it a try sunday. I have a 16 ft. aluminum boat with a 25 hp. is there enough water around 411 for it?

CATCHDAWG

Not enough for me to be comfortable with in my own but I've went with other people in their boats, lol. If I was gonna go that route, I would put in at 2Rivers and fish that section. I would almost bet the fish are in that section now but don't have any conformations on them.

Latest posts