Can't get enough!

Crow Terminator

I started out trying to fly fish the ole Hiwassee. That didn't go over so well. I had a tangled mess before I even knew I had a mess. Glad I brought the spinning rod. The fish wanted to play today. Multi species evening. 2 browns. 1 brook. 14 rainbows. 2 largemouth. 2 rockbass.
20230512_201359.jpg
20230512_200033.jpg
20230512_184723.jpg
20230512_183047.jpg
20230512_200959.jpg
20230512_180252.jpg
20230512_181608.jpg
20230512_175725.jpg

JN

Great job on the catch. Hiwassee is where I learned to fly fish as well and would do the same thing when I was learning in taking the spinning rod with me incase the flies were not working out. It wasn't till I started leaving the spinning rod at home and making myself learn to fly fish before I started to figure it out. Now I am casting a fly rod just about where ever I fish at warm water, salt water, or cold.

Speaking of Hiwassee I think it is one of the prettiest rivers to fly fish. The lack of development along the river and the mountains made me always feel like I was fishing a big western river.

Crow Terminator

You've either got really small hands or that's a slab of a Rock bass!
That was actually the biggest one of those I think I have ever caught. Hiwassee has some big fish in it from time to time. I caught what would still be the state record horny head up there a few years ago and didn't even know it til later. That wasn't one I would have liked my name beside in a record book anyway 😆

Crow Terminator

Is their a fallen tree to the right of that first picture? If so I've had good luck in that spot too.
I didn't make it down that far to see...I was exploring new to me places while the water was down and by the time I got to where I took the picture, I heard the alarm at the dam. From my experience last time...I about took off running to get out of the water 🤣.

Chickenrig

Great job on the catch. Hiwassee is where I learned to fly fish as well and would do the same thing when I was learning in taking the spinning rod with me incase the flies were not working out. It wasn't till I started leaving the spinning rod at home and making myself learn to fly fish before I started to figure it out. Now I am casting a fly rod just about where ever I fish at warm water, salt water, or cold.

Speaking of Hiwassee I think it is one of the prettiest rivers to fly fish. The lack of development along the river and the mountains made me always feel like I was fishing a big western river.
Go ahead and rub it in 😢

Latest posts