The wait begins... Mullet run

Sako

The anticipation for a fishing trip that is out of the normal... Ah, come on end of September. A friend and I are going down to the east coast of Florida to fish the mullet run for Tarpon and snook... Should be a blast...

Had to share my excitement with someone

turk870

Have fun
After catching a couple tarpon they are fun for the first 15min or so it's the next 45+ minutes that get ya.

Attachments

• 9826E4E1-841F-4C23-B4FD-CE1D73CD7ED9.jpeg
    9826E4E1-841F-4C23-B4FD-CE1D73CD7ED9.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 49

Sako

Have fun
After catching a couple tarpon they are fun for the first 15min or so it's the next 45+ minutes that get ya.

I hear ya... My son caught one a few years ago that was measured at 9 foot 2 inches... (estimated over 200 pounds)... He got it to the boat the first time then it took a long run and he had to hand me the pole to finish.... nice fish BTW

Pilchard

I hear ya... My son caught one a few years ago that was measured at 9 foot 2 inches... (estimated over 200 pounds)... He got it to the boat the first time then it took a long run and he had to hand me the pole to finish.... nice fish BTW
I think you had a typo or your measurement was wrong. Or your son caught the largest tarpon to ever swim.

Smo

Spent many a morning on Hutchinson Island catching snook..
Only had a chance at one Tarpon up in the Ft. Pierce inlet one night…. I saw it jump one time and it's still swimming East out of the inlet I guess…🤣
Fun times, and those snook cook up nicely!👍

Latest posts