Cant wait…..

WTM

got some weeks of vacation scattered out from the end of feb thru may. might hit next weekend before the wife's surgery if it dont rain.

sauger should be ready to head downstream from the dam for the spawn run.

chimneyman

First trip with planer boards today had 8 keepers about that many throw backs fishing 5-6 ft water about another week it ought to be good

woodyard

Went sniping and caught some today. Kept five and lost a couple of really bigguns besides all the shorts. Well technically I wasn't sniping , but I thought it sounded cool. Actually it was more of a float and fly deal. 😜 IMG_3755.jpeg

Last edited:

ZachMarkus

I'll be sauger fishing at daylight Saturday. Looking forward to it. Pickwick is still spilling so that will greatly limit our options as far as where we can fish, but I still expect to catch a few at least.
They have been biting really good, haven't been since the flood gates have been on though so that's definitely going to change things.

woodyard

Went back today but they weren't much in the mood.Caught a few shorts and a couple of 12 inchers and a few bgills.Weathermen missed it here, said 4 mph sw wind changing to NE in afternoon. Pretty much calm and lots of sun . Needed that wind for a little chop on the water for the bite.

Yall better go early tomorrow in order to get a parking spot at the ramp. Every body and his brother was out today.

redblood

Went back today but they weren't much in the mood.Caught a few shorts and a couple of 12 inchers and a few bgills.Weathermen missed it here, said 4 mph sw wind changing to NE in afternoon. Pretty much calm and lots of sun . Needed that wind for a little chop on the water for the bite.

Yall better go early tomorrow in order to get a parking spot at the ramp. Every body and his brother was out today.

Yep. It was beautiful but the bite was slow. A few small fish and went home by 10

Latest posts