I need a creamy cole slaw recipe

A

Anonymous

Here is my favorite one.. Don't know if you know this or not but if you take your shredded cabbage and put it in a Colander and salt it up and leave it sit overnight it will drain a lot of water out of it..That way it won't get watery if you leave it sit for a day or so..will stay nice and creamy!

Creamy Buttermilk Coleslaw

Serves 4

1 pound cabbage (about 1/2 medium head), red or green, shredded fine (6 cups)
table salt
1 medium carrot, shredded on box grater
� cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 small shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
� teaspoon cider vinegar
� teaspoon granulated sugar
� teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Toss shredded cabbage and 1 teaspoon salt in colander or large mesh strainer set over medium bowl. Let stand until cabbage wilts, at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours. Rinse cabbage under cold running water. Press, but do not squeeze, to drain; pat dry with paper towels. Place wilted cabbage and carrot in large bowl.

2. Stir buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, shallot, parsley, vinegar, sugar, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper together in small bowl. Pour dressing over cabbage and toss to combine; refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes. (Coleslaw can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.)

beechnut

Its not real creamy, but what do northerners know about Slaw and BBQ....... :D :D :D

Intersate BBQ recipe

Sweet and Spicy Coleslaw
Recipe courtesy of the Neelys

2 pounds green cabbage
4 carrots
1 medium yellow onion
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup mustard
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
Salt and pepper

Cut cabbage in quarters and remove core. Peel carrots and onion and cut into pieces that would fit through the feed tube of a food processor. Fit food processor with the large-holed grater attachment and push cabbage, carrots, and onions through feed tube to grate. In a large bowl, toss vegetables together.

In another medium bowl, prepare the coleslaw dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, mustard, cider vinegar, sugar, black pepper, and cayenne. Toss dressing with the cabbage mixture, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.

Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 2 hours
Ease of preparation: easy

The Neelys' Broccoli Cheddar Cornbread Share This | The Neelys' Sweet and Spicy Coleslaw RT @extratv | | Add Comment

green doe

Thank you guys. What I meant by "creamy" was something not just oil or vinegar based but rather something with mayo or something in it. So these fit the bill.

Flintlock, I've heard of salting the cabbage. I've never done it, though. I will give it a try.

Woodchuck

My wife buys the Dole pre cut slaw and mixes Hellman's mayo in it. She also puts a little dried mustard in it for a little bite. Very simple and it's real tasty.

JohnnyBond

Woodchuck said:
My wife buys the Dole pre cut slaw and mixes Hellman's mayo in it. She also puts a little dried mustard in it for a little bite. Very simple and it's real tasty.
my mom did the same except she used Miracle Whip and diced up onion and diced up tomatoe with a little lemon juice

Latest posts