I haven't heard a single shot.

T. J. Mercer

Nearly two hours of shooting light in, and I haven't heard a shot in south Wilson County in an area filled with hunters.
Yesterday, 3 shots in 4 hours.
On November 8th ...
Is everybody just holding out for something bigger?
I've had a spike walk by both mornings, looking for love, but otherwise, it's been pretty slow ...

Trapper John

Slow goings in the heat, I assume. Yesterday was dead on my West TN land. Didn't even see squirrels stirring. The front coming in Tuesday sets up a little better weather towards the end of the week.

Thekla

Warm and swirling winds here.
Not the greatest day so far but you never know i guess.

T. J. Mercer

Am I the only person who dreams of having a hammock connected to their stand for a quick nap?
I mean, as dry as the leaves are, surely I'd here them coming 100 yds off ...
This 72 degree morning at 9am with a gentle breeze is putting me to sleep!

Side note, 3.5 hours in and still not a single shot south of Cedar Forest, Wilson Co.
Madness!

Remington700

2 shots yesterday in Fayette County. One was my daughter that shot early. The other far off. Very few deer at the processor in Moscow. Heard one shot far off this morning. Hardly saw a deer this weekend.

Ski

Not slow here in Coffee. I heard shots all morning and watched 5 bucks run a single doe just about to death. This afternoon it was still hot, literally and figuratively, and wife blasted a 5yr old 10pt with stickers and drops. Not a giant but big for this area and lotsa character. I've been after a piebald thats on camera a lot, but didn't see her today.

JeepKuntry

Some aren't messing with the heat. Most of the movement we saw were first 90 minutes of the morning and last hour of the day. I saw no mature deer. My Uncle saw a great buck and shot him. 19 1/4" spread 8 point that I believe was at his peak this year.

Latest posts