I hate to wish my life away

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Yep. I'm ready for some warmer weather with no wind/rain. Gotta get my yard in shape, and install some new seat pedestals on my boat, but I'm ready to get out fishing without freezing my rear end off. 2 fish so far this year at lunch one day when it was in the 70's. Threw them both back, 6 inch bass and a decent bluegill.

bluball

BUT sheesh, I am ready for some better weather !!
I just looked and as of March 20, 2022 I had already caught 112 fish.
So far in 2023 I have caught exactly 1.
Granted I have only fished one time but man I am ready to go.
I caught like 180-200 keeper crappie the first week of jan. one yr.It was the last yr when you could keep 30,before they changed the creel to 20.Now i dont have much time at all to fish working 2 jobs but thats fixing to change i hope.Starting next week i will have one job only,performance fishing electronics.Quiting a job i have had for 22yrs to follow my dreams with my buddy.

moondawg

It's either been too cold or windy. I can fish for trout in Arkansas when it's cold, but I haven't been able to go, thanks to everyday life. I'm jonesing to go fishing somewhere real soon.

moondawg

Same here. Caught 1 bass in January on a warm day.

BPhunter

You might be ready to go, but, Mother Nature has the last say.
My wife keeps track of weather here on her computer, and 6 years ago, we were in the 70's here in Southern Colorado. 31 at the moment.

WTM

one good thing, these cold temps prolongs the spawns. hoping the water temps stay below temp until tva starts raising the levels.

believe it or not, i actually saw some small fry saturday in some new water i will be fishing this year. dont know what they were though.

BPhunter

You might be ready to go, but, Mother Nature has the last say.
My wife keeps track of weather here on her computer, and 6 years ago, we were in the 70's here in Southern Colorado. 31 at the moment.
UPDATE: The 70's was last week. Today 6 years ago was 84!! 31 at present. No amount of money and lying politicians is going to change a damned thing.

WTM

UPDATE: The 70's was last week. Today 6 years ago was 84!! 31 at present. No amount of money and lying politicians is going to change a damned thing.
yep this post was from 6 years ago. i was catching both black and whites on the banks in a foot or two of water, the last two weeks in march. caught these on march 29.

DeerCamp

This has been the longest "winter" I can remember. Just 5 months of dreadful weather.

NumberOne

Tell me about it. We fished a club tourney yesterday on KY Lake. It was brutal. 16 degree wind chill at blast off. About -20 to -30 when the boat was moving haha We stayed in the creeks to stay out of the wind. Only had one keeper until about 1:45. It had warmed up enough to get on the main lake. We caught a 4 pounder and a 8.25. in 30 minutes. weigh in was at 2:30 and my buddy caught the big one at 2:15. Won the tourney with 14.70 (three fish limit). We thought about going back out after the tourney but I still haven't thawed out.

Latest posts