Visitor to my livewell……

redblood

Had a great float trip today. Ended up with 22 keepers- blue gill and rock bass. Also had this guy show up in the live well of my little Jon Boat. Absolutely no idea how he got in there but he wasnt happy. Finally got him out. Probably 5 ft gray rat snake.

Attachments

• IMG_6492.jpeg
    IMG_6492.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_6490.jpeg
    IMG_6490.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 246

mike243

Heck no, worse than the first time I put my hand in a bucket of live shrimp to get 1 to fish with, got popped several times and turned bucket over lol, poor paddle would have been splinters

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
I took the kids down to the river near my house, we were catching minnows with a cast net and putting them and crawdads in a 5 gallon bucket which we usually just dump out when we are done fiddling around. We had seen a couple of banded water snakes along the bank. Something attracted them both to that bucket and they were able to get into the bucket with the fish. After a few minutes they came back out and went on their way with a some fish in their bellies. Neat to watch.

redblood

I took the kids down to the river near my house, we were catching minnows with a cast net and putting them and crawdads in a 5 gallon bucket which we usually just dump out when we are done fiddling around. We had seen a couple of banded water snakes along the bank. Something attracted them both to that bucket and they were able to get into the bucket with the fish. After a few minutes they came back out and went on their way with a some fish in their bellies. Neat to watch.
I would have understood if it was a banded water snake but not a gray rat snake

Crow Terminator

My dad keeps his boats in a barn. Barns always have mice. One day they are out fishing and a mouse came running for its life from the back of the boat and jumped in the water. Right on its heels came a 3 foot long black snake that crawled out of the back compartments area and scent trailed that mouse over the side of the boat and into the water.

Latest posts