I HATE COYOTES!!!

stik

the only reason i ever started deer hunting was because somebody fed me some. i shot a buck just before dark friday evening. in the fading light, i could find no sign of a hit. i returned this morning and hunted until about 10 and went to verify that i had missed. after finding a clump of hair, i trailed scuffed up leaves right to this:

Attachments

• IMG_0730.JPG
    IMG_0730.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,205

stik

DntBrnDPig":2s2oigif said:
What do you do with the carcasses? I'm not sure its worth trying to skin them out.

nothing left to skin out but the neck. i disposed of it in the woods(private property with permission)

JAD

Bobcats I give to someone who skins them, but most of the coyotes I toss. Their pelts have little value. I wish I could find someone who wanted them all. I don't feel great about just disposing of them, but I look at it as pest control/maintenance.

bigdoc

I hate to see that, I also trap a few after deer season. I give mine to people that have them soft tanned and hang them up.

ROVERBOY

You still got a buck with a nice rack. Sorry about the meat. Looks like a big bodied deer too.

southernhunter

Same thing happened to me last year. You did all you could do. I know it sucks though. Most guys would just assume they missed.

megalomaniac

Wow, sooo sorry about losing all that meat. Just stinks when you are hunting for the meat, and 1/2 buck tags are used for just 3lbs of the neck meat only. Coyotes are vicious predators as well as scavengers. I honestly believe they do more damage to the deer population than we as hunters do.

Fleet Fox

Doubt it makes much difference, because they probably got him last night, but if I thought there was any chance I hit a deer I wouldn't be hunting the next morning until 10. I would be looking for the deer I thought I hit the night before. Like someone else said, you had to completely waste a tag on a deer you got very little use out of.

stik

Fleet Fox":301hh7b1 said:
Doubt it makes much difference, because they probably got him last night, but if I thought there was any chance I hit a deer I wouldn't be hunting the next morning until 10. I would be looking for the deer I thought I hit the night before. Like someone else said, you had to completely waste a tag on a deer you got very little use out of.

i looked for over an hour in the dark for some sign of a hit and found nothing. i had missed a coyote just an hour before and after thinking i also missed the deer, i suspected my gun was off. the only sign i found of a hit deer the next morning when i could see was a little hair and scuffed up leaves 15 yds from where the deer was laying. i was sure i had missed that deer but being the legal/ethical hunter that i am, i had to look to make sure when i had some light.

Latest posts