I think I love

DoubleRidge

10 minutes from home is a huge bonus. I think a new seat is in my future next year or at least a cushion.
Making progress on the plots and working on habitat is very satisfying and rewarding.

I also need a replacement seat...vinyl is cracked so when its not parked in the barn and we get a shower, the foam gets wet and stays wet for a while.

TNTreeman

Making progress on the plots and working on habitat is very satisfying and rewarding.

I also need a replacement seat...vinyl is cracked so when its not parked in the barn and we get a shower, the foam gets wet and stays wet for a while.
My seat has lost all its comfort and cushion. I'm researching for a good replacement that is more comfortable.

TNTreeman

All my plots mowed, half sprayed. Won't be any ground-turning until I'm about to plant, and I don't see the necessary rain in the two-week forecast, so it will be a while.
I want to have mine ready and I will plant as soon as rain is in the near future. I've noticed at my place the turkeys move straight in after the soil is disturbed, hopefully waiting awhile to plant will throw them off and they will not be as interested later.

BSK

I want to have mine ready and I will plant as soon as rain is in the near future. I've noticed at my place the turkeys move straight in after the soil is disturbed, hopefully waiting awhile to plant will throw them off and they will not be as interested later.
The problem I have with turning the soil and then waiting is how much turned soil dries out when exposed for long periods with no rain.

TNTreeman

The problem I have with turning the soil and then waiting is how much turned soil dries out when exposed for long periods with no rain.
You're right, I just wanted to be ready to rock and roll when I saw some rain in the forecast. My ground is pretty good and I'm basically discing lightly, not even using weight on my disc.

Gravey

10 minutes from home is a huge bonus. I think a new seat is in my future next year or at least a cushion.
Sounds like an invite to hunt to me. 😂

My seat isn't the best either but it works fine. We had cut and sprayed ours then when the rain popped up in Saturday afternoon's forecast 2 of our guys went down that morning and got them disked up and planted right before all the rain hit so hopefully they sprout.

TNTreeman

My seat isn't the best either but it works fine. We had cut and sprayed ours then when the rain popped up in Saturday afternoon's forecast 2 of our guys went down that morning and got them disked up and planted right before all the rain hit so hopefully they sprout.
You wouldn't want to hunt with me, just little small rack bucks at my place. Besides we may recognize each other from Tennyshoe Tech and Buds and John's and all the nasty draft beer we drank.

Last edited:

BSK

What great timing!

Gravey

You wouldn't want to hunt with me, just little small rack bucks at my place. Besides we may recognize each other from Tennyshoe Tech and Buds and John's and all the nasty draft beer we drank.

John's and Buds…oh the good ole days! Can't leave the Reef out either. Quarter beer and 10 cent wings.

We can wear masks so not to recognize each other. 😂😂😂

Gravey

We had a big party at the Armory. I remember getting pulled out of a tank by Putnam county's finest.
Ahhh yes the Armory. Can't remember most if the folks that played there but do remember Tall Paul. I saw something a while back and swear he's still playing.

Got pulled over one time and thought we were going to the pokey but somehow avoided it. Had been to a girls apartment knocking and nobody answered so we left and blue lights automatically. Apparently we were knocking louder than we thought and somebody thought we were trying to break in and called the law. 😂

TNTreeman

Ahhh yes the Armory. Can't remember most if the folks that played there but do remember Tall Paul. I saw something a while back and swear he's still playing.

Got pulled over one time and thought we were going to the pokey but somehow avoided it. Had been to a girls apartment knocking and nobody answered so we left and blue lights automatically. Apparently we were knocking louder than we thought and somebody thought we were trying to break in and called the law. 😂
Dang I forgot all about Tall Paul. Blast from the past.

TX300mag

Something about Putnam Co that brings out the wild side in people. I have an relative that's an elder in the church that ended up in the pokey there. Something about a baseball bat, a VW bug, and some excessive speeds from the little bit I'm able to gather. 😅

Latest posts