I had about three seconds to think about it

CATCHDAWG

I have been wanting a 45-70. Did it anchor him?
No. He made it twenty yards šŸ˜›. Everyone has a opinion (Ford/Chevy) but mine is that the 45/70 is the ultimate woods caliber. I've hunted with one for years and it has never let me down. Short, light, easy to carry (Marlin guide gun) and extremely accurate. I absolutely love it.

jlanecr500

Congrats ! I killed one similar in size last year. He and another buck were chasing a doe in the hardwoods and I had wing shooting flashbacks. I picked the biggest rack and aimed about a foot in front. No chance for second guesses. 45-70 Ultrahunter sml conversion.

jlanecr500

No. He made it twenty yards šŸ˜›. Everyone has a opinion (Ford/Chevy) but mine is that the 45/70 is the ultimate woods caliber. I've hunted with one for years and it has never let me down. Short, light, easy to carry (Marlin guide gun) and extremely accurate. I absolutely love it.
At close ranges, an iron sighted 45-70 is my weapon of choice.

jlanecr500

I am confident out to 200 with the right ammo in this rifle but most of my shots are inside 50. Irons are out of the question with my eyesight though.
Try a set of Williams fire sights. They have green and red fiberoptics that work well even for my tired eyes. Give them a call. Marlin used them on some models including the trapper model.

Snake

I have one and the only gun that you know when you hit a deer with it in my safe . Just went to the 7mm mag cause at the time we had some fields and about 125 yds is the range on my 45-70 . I went to the 300 grain hollow point which was way better than the 405 grain soft point .

Latest posts