Hunting With Cows - Part 2

useyourbow

Want to establish feed stations and mineral licks for deer. Plan on erecting two strands of barb wire to keep the cows out.
Question: What if the ground is to hard to drive in t-post (have a driver) and trees are not advantageously positioned, what else could I do to keep cows out?

backyardtndeer

Haven't ever been unable to drive t posts, even in hard ground. Guess if the situation arouse, I would have to get creative. Maybe build heavy corner frames and use cattle panels.

rem270

Hopefully the 2 strands of barb wire will keep them out but they'll try to find a way in there.

I hunted a place with cows on it for 15 years. Cows are funny. One year in Dec the state had put down salt on the roads. I parked and came back from hunting and they had licked it all off my truck lol.

knightrider

Hopefully the 2 strands of barb wire will keep them out but they'll try to find a way in there.

I hunted a place with cows on it for 15 years. Cows are funny. One year in Dec the state had put down salt on the roads. I parked and came back from hunting and they had licked it all off my truck lol.
Definitely will lick the paint off in the winter, ive had broken mirrors, grills, and for goodness sake's dont leave the window down, had a horse chew the steering wheel almost into😂

rem270

Definitely will lick the paint off in the winter, ive had broken mirrors, grills, and for goodness sake's dont leave the window down, had a horse chew the steering wheel almost into😂
I drove my 4 wheeler in one afternoon during bow season and parked it. There was so many hills and gullies it could easily be hidden. I heard something later on and thought it was a tree falling. At dark I headed to my 4 wheeler and it was nowhere to be found. I looked a couple hundred yards down and there it sat at the edge of a pond in a bunch of cow ruts. I had forgot to set my parking brake and the cows messed with it and it took off rolling. Had it not hit those ruts it would've went in the pond and I probably would have thought someone stole it lol.

Latest posts