Hunting trip solo?

tellico4x4

Wouldn't think twice about doing it solo. Have done several, lastest was 18 years ago when I turned 50. Packed in 11 miles into Flat Tops , stayed 10 days & killed bull with bow. Now at 68 I need to do several to WY to do some serious scouting in prep of burning preference points. Am sure they will be solo as I don't want any restrictions or constraints to travel schedule.

Hduke86

I enjoy a solo trip but also get that it's also good to experience with others. One good thing about solo hunting is you can make up your own story and there's no one that can contradict it. Lol I do that with my boys and fishing. Tell them I had a huge one on that got away and they get fired up even more for the next time they can go with me lol.

Carlos

I'd have gone, just for the sake of figuring out exactly how to send my buddies 'the wrong way' next season when y'all go.
😀
Backing out of a trip that's planned has consequences, lol.
😉

elknturkey

Do any of y'all travel across the country solo for turkeys? My buddies have backed out for various reasons and other is just going to Oregon for 2 days after a work trip.. I have a flight to Spokane Thursday but can't decide if I want to tackle this alone but also would hate to miss especially after this dismal TN season? Would also cost more without split cost.. Thoughts?
I actually prefer it on out of state trips. At home I'm prob with someone 20+ days. I have no desire to kill anymore here but enjoy calling/ videoing for others.

Spurhunter

Fast forward one year and I am in the exact same situation.. Flight booked for Tuesday AM.. Both buddies out... Decisions decisions $$
Solo hunting can mean different things. Some guys consider driving alone to a lodge full of guides and cooks "hunting solo" because they didn't bring a friend. That's not quite the same as sleeping in a tent in the woods alone, hunting alone, and being alone for days. Most men can't handle the latter.

Bgoodman30

Solo hunting can mean different things. Some guys consider driving alone to a lodge full of guides and cooks "hunting solo" because they didn't bring a friend. That's not quite the same as sleeping in a tent in the woods alone, hunting alone, and being alone for days. Most men can't handle the latter.

I'm not going to lie I got a cozy little airbnb I'm partial too because I can get them to gobble from the front porch!

ZachMarkus

I'm not going to lie I got a cozy little airbnb I'm partial too because I can get them to gobble from the front porch!
Lol same here. We arrived at 1pm today. We were unloading our car at the airbnb and one started free gobbling, called him in and my buddy killed him. Went to another farm and I called one in for another buddy and he killed him. Was taking pics of his turkey and one fired off, I killed him shortly after. Great first day. Better get out here man, they're on fire!

Latest posts