Hunting trip solo?

Bgoodman30

Do any of y'all travel across the country solo for turkeys? My buddies have backed out for various reasons and other is just going to Oregon for 2 days after a work trip.. I have a flight to Spokane Thursday but can't decide if I want to tackle this alone but also would hate to miss especially after this dismal TN season? Would also cost more without split cost.. Thoughts?

Buzzard Breath

Go!!!! My favorite turkey hunts this year was a solo trip. It was just across the state, but I enjoyed every minute of it. I also regularly hunt big game solo in the western states. It is nice to have someone there with you, but I also make memories that I'll cherish for a lifetime.

762hunter

Couldn't get any of my buddies to travel and chase turkeys with me.
I took off for Oklahoma some years back solo and ended up going somewhere each year since.
I talked my girlfriend into tagging along last year. She got her 1st turkey in Nebraska.
We are headed to S Dakota this year.

Best advice is GO!
When your buddies can make next year go again.

AT Hiker

I've hunted MO and KS solo for turkeys. I've also hunted antelope and deer solo out of state.
I've been on some serious backpacking trips solo as well, a 10 day trip being the longest. That was a bit intense.
I say go. It's good to push your limits and often times being alone is hard for people.

If you cannot handle yourself alone then what makes you think others can handle you 😂

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Ha that already happened! I was thinking worse thing along the lines of attacked by a mountain lion or Grizzly...

Very few grizzlies in Washington state, and only in a specific area. I would think cougars will leave you alone when your headlamp is on in the dark.

Latest posts