Hunting trip solo?

megalomaniac

I'm a weird bird... I LOVE to hunt with friends... but there is just something special about hunting solo against a gobbler. I just seem to be more in tune with what is going on all around me (turkeys talking, imagining what they are doing, repositioning, etc) when I'm solo rather than trying to make sure one of my kids, a friend, etc are having fun. Don't get me wrong... I DO love to hunt with others. But for some reason turkey hunting flips my switch when I'm hunting solo.

Congrats on a great trip! And one of the best feelings is you did it all on your own !

elknturkey

I hunt solo out of state 100%. If I knew someone that took it as serious, breathed it like I do and hunted the way I do then I'd welcome them. My best friend, who I love like a brother, is the type that if we were 2000 miles away and his wife calls and says she misses him he'd be on a plane the next morning. Screw that. I sleep in a vehicle, live off crap food, only hunt public which means running into others but I love it. Met some outstanding gentleman out of state that I still regularly talk with.

Latest posts