Hunting Public Land in TN

CJM1284

I'm considering buying my non-resident license this upcoming season to give a go at some of the WMA's in Wayne & Lawrence Counties. They're not too far from the house and I want to open up my hunting options this year. Can some of you share advice or insight into the public land in these counties, which ones have the best hunting, etc?

vixty

Everyone says that eagle creek has the biggest deer but the terrain is pretty rough. Personally I hunt tie camp mostly as I only hunt to fill the freezer. Arnold hollow is hit or miss in my experience. I had a great spot that was clear cut the next year so I never took the time to find a new spot. This year I found a good spot in tie camp but a friend of mine said it was hit by the tornado that went through. I guess i'll never be able to have a spot that I will be able to count on year after year. I travel up from Georgia and only spend 2 weeks hunting so its tough to scout and hunt at the same time.

CJM1284

Tie Camp was one I've been most interested in checking out. What about Browntown WMA near Lutts, is it worth a look? Eagle Camp looks like it's a pretty rugged terrain to hunt.

vixty

Ive never been down to checkout browntown since im always under a time constraint. I've had good success at tie camp so that's where I've been hunting the past two years. I usually will drive out to eagle creek one afternoon then I remind myself why I don't hunt out there. Its very rugged.

CJM1284

Again, I'm bringing up an old thread but it's better than starting a new one I figure. I'm planning on finally trying to come up next weekend to either Arnold Hollow or Browntown WMA's to do basically do a two for one scouting/hunting trip. First time for me ever being at either one. Question I have is - what condition are the roads in for these places? I don't have a truck to hunt out of at this time, so I'll either be in a car or SUV that is lower to the ground. Making sure I don't get in a bind with roads full of ruts or washouts.

Tennrock

Main roads should be no problem along with some side roads, if it doesn't rain or they are not logging.

CJM1284":2sgosxqt said:
Again, I'm bringing up an old thread but it's better than starting a new one I figure. I'm planning on finally trying to come up next weekend to either Arnold Hollow or Browntown WMA's to do basically do a two for one scouting/hunting trip. First time for me ever being at either one. Question I have is - what condition are the roads in for these places? I don't have a truck to hunt out of at this time, so I'll either be in a car or SUV that is lower to the ground. Making sure I don't get in a bind with roads full of ruts or washouts.

Latest posts