Huh? Say it ain’t so

deerfanatic

and let me ask you this: Had it not hit the media that the NCAA was investigating UT for violations would the state of TN still have filed the lawsuit against the NCAA when it did or are they not mutually inclusive of one another?
😂😂😂 ok both your replies gave me a good laugh for the day. Looks like I touched a nerve. I meant to but I'll answer your silliness. Yes they most likely would have filed suit with or without that leak but the leak did speed it up. You think they were able to file suit the very next day by being blindsided by that investigation leak? No. That suit had been being prepared for months and multiple other states had suits in the works too but no one wanted to be the one who dropped the hammer unless they had to so the NCAA poked the bear and looks to have gotten decapitated from it. I'm also not as naive as some "mental gymnasts from a certain fan base " to think the NCAA wasn't well aware of what would happen by states and how the courts would rule. This is a last ditch effort by them to try and get Congress to pass an antitrust exemption for them so they can continue to break the law and steal all the money athletes generate. Also this supposed NOA that you keep crowing about that hasn't even actually been proven to exist was DOA with the injunctive. The federal court said the NCAA has no right to make rules over NIL so going by that TN broke exactly zero laws. Also the collective is the one who is potentially alleged to have broken any laws and not the actual school. I know that's not what you want to hear. I know it's upsetting. I know it leveled the playing field and Bama most likely loses that advantage they've had where they've been allowed to cheat and no one else is allowed to at their same level. I know that most likely means you can't go give a dodge charger and buy every 5 star you want and stack them back and keep other teams from getting them. I know the transfer portal and players being allowed to swap schools is pretty devastating. I know your coach retired and you got some upcoming coach that is maybe gonna be good and then again he might not be. I know your newly hired coaches are leaving left and right for other jobs that aren't even always a step up. I know Eli Gold was forced out after like 35 years and it's been a good run. I know averageness and possible mediocrity is staring you squarely in the face and you don't want to blink and deal with it. All is not lost!! Keep the faith!!! You will still be competing for sec championships every 3-4 years and the whole head coaching carousel you might be just getting on isnt so bad! I promise! There's always optimism when you hire a new guy for at least several months. It's gonna be ok. It'll give you more time to deer hunt and you can take your hurt and anger out on those big bad deer. You could even take some hunts down to the mothership…your beloved toothless state of bama!! So yeah cope harder about all your bama misfortunes and the end of an era and the non death of one of your most biter and hated rivals you were so sure was about to get the death penalty. Lastly enjoy the lords day and give him praise (hopefully in church somehwhere this morning). 😊

prstide

That last sentence just made me laugh out loud. I can picture them on the verge of tears saying that also and truly meaning it
There are many out there that more than likely would. Using the term "we" like they're part of the team etc in posts/convo. It's great to be a passionate fan but realizing you're on the sidelines and not suited up definitely shouldn't be lost in that!! 😂 I'm sensible because I'm not bandwagon(I'm aware that will bring out the tomatoes being thrown my way) but enjoy poking the bear on these threads. At the end of the day if we all got together in person we would all get along—so long as the Alabama Tennessee game wasn't on!

scn

@buckaroo
2024 Preseason National Champions!!
Remember what they were saying about Milton this time last year? "He can throw a football 80 yards and has a 107mph fastball!" How'd that workout? 🤔
I haven't seen a knowledgeable Vol fan in the past two decades even think NC before a season started. They are just pleased to see some upward growth after the circus they have had for 20+ years.

Bama fans on the other hand go into the season fully expecting to be the NC and are butthurt if they don't get it. Has the seismic change down in T-town changed that this year? Is Bama still going to be the NC?

Spurhunter

There are many out there that more than likely would. Using the term "we" like they're part of the team etc in posts/convo. It's great to be a passionate fan but realizing you're on the sidelines and not suited up definitely shouldn't be lost in that!!
Oh, we have one here. He knows the coaches, meets on the 50, advises the coaching staff, etc. In his delusions he was Saban's right hand man and they owe him for those National Championships.

prstide

😂😂😂 ok both your replies gave me a good laugh for the day. Looks like I touched a nerve. I meant to but I'll answer your silliness. Yes they most likely would have filed suit with or without that leak but the leak did speed it up. You think they were able to file suit the very next day by being blindsided by that investigation leak? No. That suit had been being prepared for months and multiple other states had suits in the works too but no one wanted to be the one who dropped the hammer unless they had to so the NCAA poked the bear and looks to have gotten decapitated from it. I'm also not as naive as some "mental gymnasts from a certain fan base " to think the NCAA wasn't well aware of what would happen by states and how the courts would rule. This is a last ditch effort by them to try and get Congress to pass an antitrust exemption for them so they can continue to break the law and steal all the money athletes generate. Also this supposed NOA that you keep crowing about that hasn't even actually been proven to exist was DOA with the injunctive. The federal court said the NCAA has no right to make rules over NIL so going by that TN broke exactly zero laws. Also the collective is the one who is potentially alleged to have broken any laws and not the actual school. I know that's not what you want to hear. I know it's upsetting. I know it leveled the playing field and Bama most likely loses that advantage they've had where they've been allowed to cheat and no one else is allowed to at their same level. I know that most likely means you can't go give a dodge charger and buy every 5 star you want and stack them back and keep other teams from getting them. I know the transfer portal and players being allowed to swap schools is pretty devastating. I know your coach retired and you got some upcoming coach that is maybe gonna be good and then again he might not be. I know your newly hired coaches are leaving left and right for other jobs that aren't even always a step up. I know Eli Gold was forced out after like 35 years and it's been a good run. I know averageness and possible mediocrity is staring you squarely in the face and you don't want to blink and deal with it. All is not lost!! Keep the faith!!! You will still be competing for sec championships every 3-4 years and the whole head coaching carousel you might be just getting on isnt so bad! I promise! There's always optimism when you hire a new guy for at least several months. It's gonna be ok. It'll give you more time to deer hunt and you can take your hurt and anger out on those big bad deer. You could even take some hunts down to the mothership…your beloved toothless state of bama!! So yeah cope harder about all your bama misfortunes and the end of an era and the non death of one of your most biter and hated rivals you were so sure was about to get the death penalty. Lastly enjoy the lords day and give him praise (hopefully in church somehwhere this morning). 😊
😂 Found the #insider. Are you on the states' legal team with all that inside knowledge of the doa investigation? You've missed my point in multiple posts but it's ok. Hope you have a good day too!

Spurhunter

I'm sensible because I'm not bandwagon
I will tell you what I tell one of my best friends that has been a bama fan since the 70s: If you were born and raised in Tennessee, but are an alabama fan, you ARE a bandwagon fan. You just got on the bandwagon a long time ago! I don't know if this applies to you or not, but he's lived his whole life in Tennessee. As far as I know has never even driven through Tuscaloser!

prstide

I haven't seen a knowledgeable Vol fan in the past two decades even think NC before a season started. They are just pleased to see some upward growth after the circus they have had for 20+ years.

Bama fans on the other hand go into the season fully expecting to be the NC and are butthurt if they don't get it. Has the seismic change down in T-town changed that this year? Is Bama still going to be the NC?
Key word being "knowledgeable" and I agree.
No one knows if it's a seismic change or not. It's a change for sure but based upon Deboer's history and Alabama's roster, the team will continue to be competitive. I personally don't go into any season thinking Alabama is going to the national championship but know that there is at least a chance to be in the picture most years. Got to play the games and have some luck on their side on the injury front to make it all the way.

deerfanatic

😂 Found the #insider. Are you on the states' legal team with all that inside knowledge of the doa investigation? You've missed my point in multiple posts but it's ok. Hope you have a good day too!
I didn't miss your point. Your pint just has zero bearing with the actual case that's going on and the injunctive. I don't know about insider but I did spend more than 2 seconds saying "UT Rival!! UT bad!! Want them hammered! Don't care about facts!!" As bad as I'd hate to be I'd actually be on bama's side of their state was suing for the same thing. This is about constitutional rights and liberties of free grown adults and you won't get past your rival hate to admit it. Also just so you know over 30 other investigations were actively going on so basically all the big schools with a lot of money and most likely bama was being investigated too. It was a matter of time that most of the schools we follow would have been in trouble with the NCAA. I mean for crying out loud bamas collective hq are on campus! You honestly think the school bright kids in on a recruiting trip and they didn't stop by the collective and that numbers weren't discussed? 🙄 every school did it. Georgia just last week admitted they made a strong financial offer coming out of hs to Mike Mathew's who ultimately signed with UT. You don't see the NCAA coming after them about it right now though do you? It's because they know what they've been doing is illegal in this country and they can't win in court. I do think something has to change though. They need to declare athletes as employees and let them collectively bargain and then things will go back to close to what they were but there will be a salary cap and we will all be on much more even footing. The system before was being abused by a lot and now it's absurd by all. It's making college football something none of us want. Also your basketball team is no longer leading the sec after last night 😁

prstide

I didn't miss your point. Your pint just has zero bearing with the actual case that's going on and the injunctive. I don't know about insider but I did spend more than 2 seconds saying "UT Rival!! UT bad!! Want them hammered! Don't care about facts!!" As bad as I'd hate to be I'd actually be on bama's side of their state was suing for the same thing. This is about constitutional rights and liberties of free grown adults and you won't get past your rival hate to admit it. Also just so you know over 30 other investigations were actively going on so basically all the big schools with a lot of money and most likely bama was being investigated too. It was a matter of time that most of the schools we follow would have been in trouble with the NCAA. I mean for crying out loud bamas collective hq are on campus! You honestly think the school bright kids in on a recruiting trip and they didn't stop by the collective and that numbers weren't discussed? 🙄 every school did it. Georgia just last week admitted they made a strong financial offer coming out of hs to Mike Mathew's who ultimately signed with UT. You don't see the NCAA coming after them about it right now though do you? It's because they know what they've been doing is illegal in this country and they can't win in court. I do think something has to change though. They need to declare athletes as employees and let them collectively bargain and then things will go back to close to what they were but there will be a salary cap and we will all be on much more even footing. The system before was being abused by a lot and now it's absurd by all. It's making college football something none of us want. Also your basketball team is no longer leading the sec after last night 😁
TL;DR but it likely demonstrates an astute legal mind on all things that only a VFL message board insider would have!! (Clap!)

deerfanatic

TL;DR but it likely demonstrates an astute legal mind on all things that only a VFL message board insider would have!! (Clap!)
Awe stop you'll make me blush. You've got quite the special mind yourself there. Also you can get actual facts and info from non volTwitter that will tell you pretty much everything I've told you. Don't let actual legal facts and truths stand in the way of your opinions and uninformed slander against your hated rival though

prstide

I also submitted a tax exemption application to the state of TN for religious purposes, as the pastor of the Holy Deliverance Chapel of Sabanites, so as to not lend any of my hard earned dollars towards the legal defense of UT Football and it's cheating ways.

THEdonkey0515

You should try it! So if there were Vandy fans on here would you still cry like you do or would that be acceptable? You know….because they beat your beloved VFLs like clockwork too.
I'm good I actually have a life. I wouldn't want to waste my weekends on KYdeer trolling.

deerfanatic

As a state resident and a UT fan I'd like to thank you personally for helping fund our ending of the NCAA's corruption. Your tax donations through sales and whatever else are greatly appreciated 😁

Gravey

You should try it! So if there were Vandy fans on here would you still cry like you do or would that be acceptable? You know….because they beat your beloved VFLs like clockwork too.
Ok you went overboard. Did you fall and hit your head or been drinking all day? I know you like to stir the pot and I get good laughs from it and everybody else but on what planet does Vandy beat the Vols like clockwork on? 🤣

Spurhunter

I also submitted a tax exemption application to the state of TN for religious purposes, as the pastor of the Holy Deliverance Chapel of Sabanites,
You kid, but this is a real "church"! TNDeer's own Captain Moron delivers the sermon every service, but, instead of every head bowed and every eye closed, he finishes with see you on the 50!

PillsburyDoughboy

If only you could've shown all these receipts you've had of improper recruiting tactics used by Saban all these years which fielded him a competent roster then it might've saved you the heartbreak of watching UT get their @$$es kicked year after year. 😂
Let's just be honest; you don't actually know a d@mn thing but feel righteous with your assumptions. Just amazes me that the fanbase of such a bottom dwelling program over the last 2 decades suddenly thinks they've regained relevancy based off of one decent 10-win season, 2 years ago, suing the NCAA after they got caught cheating in multiple sports for the 2nd time in 4 years, and a coach retiring from a rival school that has historically beaten them regardless of who was at the helm. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Bam!

PillsburyDoughboy

I guess this has to be repeated again for those that just can't understand. The University of Tennessee DID NOT sue the NCAA. The States of Tennessee and Virginia sued the NCAA. But for some on here, never let the facts get in the way of the narrative they hope to see.
Can't wait to see the lawyer fees the University of ut are "not" having to pay out to "not" defend themselves:)

prstide

Ok you went overboard. Did you fall and hit your head or been drinking all day? I know you like to stir the pot and I get good laughs from it and everybody else but on what planet does Vandy beat the Vols like clockwork on? 🤣
😂 I was just trying to see what he would respond with. The most I can remember is maybe a back to back Vandy win.

Latest posts