Huh? Say it ain’t so

deerfanatic

Say it ain't so! Don't look now but it appears maybe and I mean just maybe UT already had all of this pre planned and mapped out and knew what they were doing well before the ncaa decided to announce they were about to infringe on federally protected rights. This won't go well with the "ncaa boogeyman is gonna get UT and give them the death penalty" folks. https://www.knoxnews.com/story/spor...il-name-image-likeness-attorneys/72763938007/

Wildcat#32

Every time I open this thread I wonder how I could possibly find the time to join an alabama forum and spend all day banging away on a keyboard arguing with alabama fans about alabama. Even if I had the time, what would I gain from it? What's the reward? Different strokes for different folks I guess.
i think he is related to havey updike!!!
I can roll with the punches:):):) I get the feeling based on the comments here . Alot of people could not handle it if I fired back :)
fire away!!! i can handle it!!! ill just tell you to gtfo this board and go back to killing trees or hire another Mike!!!!

deerfanatic

This isn't possible! The NCAA is gonna give cheating UT the death penalty!! It's the end of their sports program as a university. Just wait until the case goes in front of a judge. The hammer will fall then! Ain't that right @PillsburyDoughboy @prstide ? 😁 wasn't someone saving some receipts or something like that about all this?? Have they come due yet?

THEdonkey0515

This isn't possible! The NCAA is gonna give cheating UT the death penalty!! It's the end of their sports program as a university. Just wait until the case goes in front of a judge. The hammer will fall then! Ain't that right @PillsburyDoughboy @prstide ? 😁 wasn't someone saving some receipts or something like that about all this?? Have they come due yet?
No, they are now saying once UT wins this thing and walks away clean the the big bad NCAA is gonna hammer UT in the future because UT embarrassed them......

That's what I would do keep poking the state that just took them to the woodshed

prstide

This is nothing groundbreaking. It's the legalities of the injunction. I've said since the first posts I made that TN will get penalized for rules that have been on the books prior to the NIL madness.

chris1976

This is nothing groundbreaking. It's the legalities of the injunction. I've said since the first posts I made that TN will get penalized for rules that have been on the books prior to the NIL madness.
What you are not understanding is that the rules that have been on the books for years have been deemed to be unconstitutional. UT is going to walk away from this thing unscathed. It's more probable that the SEC and B1G will be leaving the NCAA. You can't restrict a recruits ability to leverage his NIL. That includes plane rides from boosters and or collectives. This thing is over.

prstide

What you are not understanding is that the rules that have been on the books for years have been deemed to be unconstitutional. UT is going to walk away from this thing unscathed. It's more probable that the SEC and B1G will be leaving the NCAA. You can't restrict a recruits ability to leverage his NIL. That includes plane rides from boosters and or collectives. This thing is over.
No they haven't. Recruiting isn't just a free for all with no rules. This ruling is dealing specifically and exclusively with NIL; not recruiting rules that have been in place for decades.

chris1976

No they haven't. Recruiting isn't just a free for all with no rules. This ruling is dealing specifically and exclusively with NIL; not recruiting rules that have been in place for decades.
If recruiting rules that have been in place for decades affect NIL then they are unconstitutional. Period.

THEdonkey0515

The only thing that will come from this is the NCAA walking away looking stupid. Everyone knows this besides a few bammers that pray daily something happens to UT.

TNTreeman

The only thing that will come from this is the NCAA walking away looking stupid. Everyone knows this besides a few bammers that pray daily something happens to UT.
What some goofballs also don't get is Tennessee is trying to slay the giant and if successful will help their school as well not have to deal with it.

Latest posts