How I spent the last six weeks!

PalsPal

Helped coach my granddaughters 6u coach pitch softball team.

Having "been-there-done-that" with all 3 of my daughters, I begrudgingly agreed to help my daughter and son-in-law coach the team. It was a blast!

Seeing the improvement from the first of the year is my greatest thrill when coaching, and seeing the fun that they had. Thankfully, there wasn't any drama with our parents either.
IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_9433.jpg

And here is our last team chant for the year, "Dirt Divas"!

Screenshot_20240521_151101.jpg

PillsburyDoughboy

Ugly hat and cargo shorts went out of style about 20 years ago. Surprised you were not wearing crocs with socks to complete the ensemble. :) Kidding.

Congrats man. Fine looking family and good job.

BMan

I coached the kids' sports teams when they were little.

I'd eat broken glass before I coached another one. :D

Gravey

Man that's awesome! I coached my son's teams when he was young until he stopped after 8th grade. I love high school and college baseball having played at both levels. I always was the assistant except for one year simply because I didn't want to deal with the league and parents. I just wanted to work with kids hoping they'd live the game as much as I did and do.

PillsburyDoughboy

I coached the kids' sports teams when they were little.

I'd eat broken glass before I coached another one. :D
I did soccer for 4 years with my son. Swore I would not ever do it again. When my little girl wanted to do it she batted those little eyes at me and I could hardly say no. I think that is the equivalent of eating broken glass

PalsPal

I got wrangled into helping coach my 5 year old granddaughter in basketball last winter.

That's what I did.

My daughter handled scheduling the practices, contacting parents, ordering shirts for parents, etc.

In fact, I didn't attend all of the practices. My expertise was in-game strategizing while coaching first base and the field defensive coach:) !

Latest posts