How far off road?

longranger

Is there a law or rule as to how far off the road you can set up a stand and hunt out of it? I found public land but not private

WTM

if its a private road on private property then id say its treated the same as hunting on private property since it is not in the laws. the only thing in the law is not hunting out of a vehicle that can be registered for road use.

deleted above law since it pertains to public row.

Jcalder

if its a private road on private property then id say its treated the same as hunting on private property since it is not in the laws. the only thing in the law is not hunting out of a vehicle that can be registered for road use.

deleted above law since it pertains to public row.
You can hunt out of a vehicle registered for road use

RockMcL

I definitely have had folks take deer off my private land from a vehicle on public road.

I have to assume they felt their trucks raised suspension put them in international airspace so NO state rules applied to special them.

One of these days I'll finally get there plate and pictures then maybe buy their truck and rifle from a TWRA auction...

jlanecr500

You must be off the right of way and cannot shoot toward it or the road. You can go to the county and find out what the width of the right of way is for that road. The right of way is the overall width alloted for the road. The road doesn't have to be dead center of it. For instance a 40ft right of way with a road width of 21ft leaves 19ft. 9.5ft on each side of the road. However, it could be that the road is to one side and the entire 19ft is on one side of the road.

Tenntrapper

You better have a confirmation number if you want to possess a dead deer on the side of the road.
Not necessarily. Per the book.....you can possess the animal....only condition is... you must contact TWRA or other law enforcement and provide your name....within 48 hrs.

This assumes you are talking about the roadkill law.

Oh, and bears are different. The above refers to deer and other small game animals.

Latest posts