Official score for my buck?

Ridgeline300

Looked up TN deer registry and it has an email address and directions with info they need but I've tried sending a few times keeps saying unsent or something along those lines. What do I need to do? Thanks!

MickThompson

Looked up TN deer registry and it has an email address and directions with info they need but I've tried sending a few times keeps saying unsent or something along those lines. What do I need to do? Thanks!
Regional offices and many wildlife officers can officially score your deer. There's a mandatory 60 day drying period before a deer can be officially measured so make sure that has passed before you schedule it.

kornbread

2-Step Enabled
When they had the wildlife extravaganza in Franklin they were set up to score and enter the deer in the registry. I took one once and had it scored. It was a headache to say the least. You had to leave the deer with them and they would call you to come pick up when they were finished. I'm sure they have some event somewhere that this still goes on, but good luck getting in touch with them.

DoubleRidge

Most TWRA game wardens are official scorers...and depending on your location...if convenient...I believe you can make an appointment and have your buck scored at the Ellington Agricultural Center in Nashville....but I'd call your local game warden first...with advance notice he may set up a time to meet you...or at least direct you to someone who can help.

Ridgeline300

I called regional office and guy said he is getting a list of people wanting bucks scored and is gonna schedule a day when several go at once and he can have a team of scorers together. Took my number and said he would be in touch with date and location. Thanks for replies!

Antler Daddy

The 8 pt. buck is avatar is very nice! Difficult to tell, but i guess 140. It has some great mass but tines look a bit short to score much more. My guess anyway...it might be 160. :)

fairchaser

Are they officially a B&C scorer???
Becoming an official B&C scorer is not easy. You must take classes and be tested at the headquarters for B&C which I believe is in Montana . Additionally, you must be recommended and approved prior to any of this testing. Only a certain number are approved for any area. It's also a non paying gig. No one gets anything for being a scorer or for scoring a deer.
I'm sure there are a number of TWRA personnel who can officially score a deer but I imagine a very few who are official scorers for Boone and Crockett.

easy45

Becoming an official B&C scorer is not easy. You must take classes and be tested at the headquarters for B&C which I believe is in Montana . Additionally, you must be recommended and approved prior to any of this testing. Only a certain number are approved for any area. It's also a non paying gig. No one gets anything for being a scorer or for scoring a deer.
I'm sure there are a number of TWRA personnel who can officially score a deer but I imagine a very few who are official scorers for Boone and Crockett.
Your not wrong, I applied to to B&C for probably 10 years before I was accepted and went to Missoula, MT for a week long class and test. It was fun but not that easy.

Ridgeline300

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpeg
    IMG_0138.jpeg
    398.4 KB · Views: 80

Latest posts