Official score for my buck?

themanpcl

Getting in touch with someone at TWRA is a joke.
Good luck.

My best guess would be to call. MAYBE someone would answer, but I doubt it.
I had a very good experience contacting TWRA and getting mine scored. I used a different guy (official P&Y scorer) for book entry.

Chaneylake

Becoming an official B&C scorer is not easy. You must take classes and be tested at the headquarters for B&C which I believe is in Montana . Additionally, you must be recommended and approved prior to any of this testing. Only a certain number are approved for any area. It's also a non paying gig. No one gets anything for being a scorer or for scoring a deer.
I'm sure there are a number of TWRA personnel who can officially score a deer but I imagine a very few who are official scorers for Boone and Crockett.
Just my point. Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Antler Daddy

I had my daughter's buck scored at GA deer show by official scorer. It qualifies for muzzleloader.

Does anyone know if I can enter it without having someone from TWRA score it?

Ridgeline300

Attachments

• IMG_3473.jpeg
    IMG_3473.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 14

Soft Talker

Nah, he is not 150in. Another one of those "magic tapes" used in the scoring process I reckon. He will push 40 though. I always try to come in 5 under. Proves realistic in most cases. Good heavy deer though, congrats

DoubleRidge

150 7/8 gross
Good deal. Glad you were able to get your buck scored. Reading back through this post made me curious about finding a scorer so I went to the B&C website and searched for official scorers and there are three or so from TWRA listed, Dustin Deaton, Eric Tummins and Dale Grandstaff...and there may be more in other regions...I just looked at Middle Tn out of curiosity....Congrats again on a great buck.

Ridgeline300

Nah, he is not 150in. Another one of those "magic tapes" used in the scoring process I reckon. He will push 40 though. I always try to come in 5 under. Proves realistic in most cases. Good heavy deer though, congrats
Sorry but you're wrong. This is an official score that is in TN resgistry. So you can take your magic tape and shove it. I've scored more deer than most myself I reckon so I knew what it scored just from cam pics then I confirmed score when I laid hands on him then even further confirmed it when it was OFFICIALLY scored and put in the books.

Last edited:

Soft Talker

Again, nice solid Tn deer. I have been fortunate to have seen a few hundred scored by OFFICIAL scorers from 3 different parts of the country. Amazing how with the same deer, all three can come up with a different score, usually within 5 inches. It becomes a "regional" thing with some of these guys. Mid 40's is a solid 9pt, anywhere in the country.:)

Ridgeline300

Again, nice solid Tn deer. I have been fortunate to have seen a few hundred scored by OFFICIAL scorers from 3 different parts of the country. Amazing how with the same deer, all three can come up with a different score, usually within 5 inches. It becomes a "regional" thing with some of these guys. Mid 40's is a solid 9pt, anywhere in the country.:)
Think your name need to be changed to Hard Idiot. 25" beams are 25" beams anywhere in the country. 36" of mass is 36" of mass anywhere in the country. 19 5/8 spread is 19 5/8 etc….. there is no plus or minus anything. If you need help reading a tape measure, I can help, I built houses for a living for a long time.

ttf909

Think your name need to be changed to Hard Idiot. 25" beams are 25" beams anywhere in the country. 36" of mass is 36" of mass anywhere in the country. 19 5/8 spread is 19 5/8 etc….. there is no plus or minus anything. If you need help reading a tape measure, I can help, I built houses for a living for a long time.
Do you know how to use the ignore function? It works wonders .
Great buck with great Mass ,congrats 👍

Soft Talker

I can read a tape just fine, it's knowing where to put the tape that matters ;) Again, good solid 40's 9pt

Soft Talker

Dude you are being a joe biten liberal woke up tree hugging hippie douche. Just saying.
Official net score shows 146ins. I have congrats him several times on a solid 40's class deer. For the record, Biden and the rest of this government can swing from my cod sack 😉

Latest posts