hog hunting?

bucknutz101

im looking for somewhere to hunt wild hogs. ive never done it but would love to harvest some. ive deer hunted for 16 years and just looking to do some more kinds of hunting. i live in nashville but dont mind travelling anywhere in the state. if anyone would like to join me or has somewhere to hunt some hogs just let me know. i love being a part of population control.

A

Anonymous

Catoosa has some Russians. Here in Southern McNairy I have seen a few in the swamps. Not a very huntable population though. Very nocturnal.

rukiddin

Lots of feral hogs in your area. May take asking landowners and getting a few "no's" before the right one lets you. But there has been a trememdous increase in feral hog numbers in middle TN.

preds1

Wilderness hunting lodge out by Crossville. You can look them up online. Some exotics are fenced, but the russians are fair chase. Took my boy 2 years ago and he smacked a russian. Good guys, great eating, and great hunt all around. You will not go wrong. You WILL see boar and yes you may soil yourself when you see some of these brutes up close.

Chris Tripp

preds1 said:
Wilderness hunting lodge out by Crossville. You can look them up online. Some exotics are fenced, but the russians are fair chase. Took my boy 2 years ago and he smacked a russian. Good guys, great eating, and great hunt all around. You will not go wrong. You WILL see boar and yes you may soil yourself when you see some of these brutes up close.

Wilderness is ALL FENCED. I should know, I used to do alot of filming in there, all of their hogs they hunt are in the fence. Also is located in Monterrey near Hanging Limb.

preds1

Wilderness is ALL FENCED. I should know, I used to do alot of filming in there, all of their hogs they hunt are in the fence. Also is located in Monterrey near Hanging Limb.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Splitting hairs here, and was just going from memory. I think Monterey is "out by Crossville". Saw the buffalo, elk, and exotics fenced in (and didn't go for). Didn't notice any fences during the hog hunts, but maybe I am wrong. All in all a great first boar hunt experience for us, period. I think that's what Bucknutz101 was gathering info about.

BlackBelt

bucknasty said:
Here in Southern McNairy I have seen a few in the swamps. Not a very huntable population though. Very nocturnal.
---------------------------------------------------------
I hunt them in Southern McNairy and Hardeman. You're right, they are nocturnal, so you have to go into the swamp after them if you want to get them in the daylight hours. Slogging knee-high to waist deep in the brackish backwater of the Hatchie swamp isn't something everyone wants to do, but it sure gets fun when you find them.

JimFromTN

I believe all of those hunting reserves around Crossville are high fenced for hogs.

There are hogs in the Williamson/Rutherford county line area. I think I saw one last year.

There is a guy on ebay who does hog hunts somewhere in southwest TN and its all free range. The price isn't bad. The high fenced hunts will probably run somewhere in the $700 range and then they try an talk you into letting them butcher it and mount it and you end up spending over $1000. You can get hog hunts in TX allot cheaper.

kasey

dont go to wilderness unless your just wanting a kill.its not hunting imo.i went will never go back.we had game following us around and could not get them to go away.felt like i was at the petting zoo

Big Bio

There's a place a few of my buds and I are going to in December. It's called WildSide. He's in Mcminnville. Never been to a hog hunting reserved before...just wantn to do something different away from deer hunting etc.

buckdead

Big Kuntry said:
There's a place a few of my buds and I are going to in December. It's called WildSide. He's in Mcminnville. Never been to a hog hunting reserved before...just wantn to do something different away from deer hunting etc.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from that guy. Two of my good freinds went up there and came back and where not happy at all. The way they talked dude straight up lied to them and once they got there they where very very pissed. They said it was maybe 10 acres fenced in and just perdy much a big field with a pond and trees around the fence.

Biggun4214

All licensed shooting preserves in Tn are fenced in. Saw a TV show filmed near Crossville once, bow hunt with dogs. When they shot the hog it ran about 10 feet and flipped backwards. The "guide" then went over with his knife and acted like he was cutting the throat. Looked like he was cutting a rope.

Chris Tripp

Bigg'un4214 said:
All licensed shooting preserves in Tn are fenced in. Saw a TV show filmed near Crossville once, bow hunt with dogs. When they shot the hog it ran about 10 feet and flipped backwards. The "guide" then went over with his knife and acted like he was cutting the throat. Looked like he was cutting a rope.

Still makes me sick I used to be a part of promoting some of these places, even though there are a couple I would still use in TN, but before someone spends to money to go to McMinnville, do yourself a favor and message me first.

FLIPPER

The majority of "wild" hogs killed at Catoosa and Cherokee are killed during the dog hunts and party dog hunts.

FLIPPER

But I killed a pig once...:grin:

049.jpg

stik

FLIPPER said:
The majority of "wild" hogs killed at Catoosa and Cherokee are killed during the dog hunts and party dog hunts.

i wasn't aware of any dog hunts on catoosa but i now see they have a hunt in jan. but it's a quota hunt.

Latest posts