Hog Hunt at Crooked Fork

muzzle

Just wanted to know who else is going. I have talked to Clyde several times about the hunt and we're looking forward to coming down. All I can say is, Here Piggy, Piggy!

fourwheeler431

Looking forward to meeting everyone that's coming down. Anyone that is planning on going that I haven't sent my phone# to let me know so you can get in touch with me if you need to.

Mossy Oak

I will be there on Friday.

Maybe we can use this thread to answer a few questions. What time should we show up on Friday and what are some items you would recommend bringing with us? Would we need a 4 wheeler to retrieve any game or are there roads we can use our trucks on?

fourwheeler431

I will be there around 6:30 Friday morning to open the gate. I recommend a comfortable pair of boots for sure,some of the areas that I've seen them at are only accessible on foot.

We have roads throughout the property. It will be easier in a lot of the areas on a fourwheeler though.

We have primitive camping on the property,so anything that you would need for camping. If you are planning on staying on the property.

Mossy Oak

Sounds great! I am really looking forward to meeting everyone. If things work out, I should be there early Friday afternoon.

muzzle

No piggies Mike. They for sure have the hogs there but the problem is the dern things live in the Grand Canyon. I hunted in some of the roughest country I have ever hunted in, at some point I was on my hands and knees crawling through stuff. Alot of hog sign just no sightings, not for me anyway. I think diehard may have seen some the first day. I sure do appreciate Clyde and Crooked Fork allowing us to come hunt though, he wasnt lying when he said it would be tough. This is another good example that hog hunting needs to be opened up with dogs because IMO only now that is going to be the only way to kill these things. It wont be long before this club will have their property destroyed by hogs.

Mossy Oak

I would like to thank Clyde and the rest of the folks at Crooked Fork for allowing me to come hunt there. I hadn't been hunting for hogs in years and I'm glad I finally got the chance to do it again. It was a real pleasure to meet everyone that was there.

John

Latest posts