Hiwassee river bird.

Ocoee Ridge Runner

I located this bird about 08:30 this morning with a yelp from my box call and had a hard time figuring out where he was exactly. It is where two really steep ridges converge over a creek bottom. After listening at him gobble for a few minutes I decided he was about halfway up the ridge on the left and knew I was in for a climb. I made my way up about three quarters of the way and checked the bird with a yelp and he was much closer but still higher up the ridge. I finally reached a flat area about fifty yards from the top and decided this was the spot to setup. After a few soft yelps I could tell he was just over the rise and within a couple minutes I saw him up to my left looking down to where I was at and I finished him at about thirty five yards.

22.1 lbs
one spur was 1.25 inches and the other was broke off.
10 inch beard
D7F88661-D67E-4D0B-84E9-B7F6E3CA8D7F.jpeg

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
I located this bird about 08:30 this morning with a yelp from my box call and had a hard time figuring out where he was exactly. It is where two really steep ridges converge over a creek bottom. After listening at him gobble for a few minutes I decided he was about halfway up the ridge on the left and knew I was in for a climb. I made my way up about three quarters of the way and checked the bird with a yelp and he was much closer but still higher up the ridge. I finally reached a flat area about fifty yards from the top and decided this was the spot to setup. After a few soft yelps I could tell he was just over the rise and within a couple minutes I saw him up to my left looking down to where I was at and I finished him at about thirty five yards.

22.1 lbs
one spur was 1.25 inches and the other was broke off.
10 inch beard
View attachment 71647
He must ha curb stomped a Jake and broke the spur.

Latest posts