Hey wtm

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Do you happen to have a link to where it said the creel and size limits were being removed effective 3-1-24?
I'm gonna call and confirm this morning but I can't find where it said that to save my life.
Specifically Garrett lake.
Thanks !

TNReb

Are you possibly talking about the Bill Dance Signature Lakes? There was talk of removing some size & creel limits from some species on those, but Garrett isn't one of those. I'm curious if they tell you something is changing at Garrett. Let us know what you find.

woodyard

The commission changed the regulations at the Sept meeting. I guess twra is too busy with their bs to update anything on the web and get the new books out that have the new regs. @ruger IMG_0175.png

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I swear is there ANY aspect of twra that is not a cluster ????
Just called and they said that the limits are the same and they won't know anything until the new guide comes out in JULY????

Sheesh.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Haven't they always put out the new fishing regulations with the booklet at the end of Feb to go into effect March 1? The hunting booklet usually comes out about July.
Who knows anymore.
I emailed the fisheries program manager just now.
We will see if he replies to emails. Most don't.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Wow that man is on his game !!!
Just received a reply.

"You are correct. The crappie regs at Garrett lake were removed. I will contact our staff in Jackson and make sure they are aware of this change."

woodyard

Seems they have turned into a real clown show. I haven't seen a warden out there since yall got that tkt that day. I have seen the techs mowing, getting garbage, putting out christmas trees, trackhoe operator, fish shocking crew 2 times, Creel clerk over that period of time. Haven't seen a warden and now people are doing what people do. Run wide open , paddleboard, throw garbage out etc. I have been out there a lot in that time period.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Seems they have turned into a real clown show. I haven't seen a warden out there since yall got that tkt that day. I have seen the techs mowing, getting garbage, putting out christmas trees, trackhoe operator, fish shocking crew 2 times, Creel clerk over that period of time. Haven't seen a warden and now people are doing what people do. Run wide open , paddleboard, throw garbage out etc. I have been out there a lot in that time period.
Yep. All the crappie are probably already gone lol
Same thing happened at 1,000 lake when people realized nobody was enforcing the rules.
People that play by the rules usually get left behind.

woodyard

There are a bunch of people that have been coming to target them out there. I have seen several boats from Ky out there lately. One thing though. I don't see much catching from them. It has been so clear all fall and is just now getting a little color that the crappie have been really spooked if you get within 25-35 ft of them. I have caught a few along and a few good ones. Those others don't usually fish very long at a time.

mike243

Well I have been remiss on looking at regs until I decided to go do something, I would have always thought the regs would be out before a season opened. They are making it hard to support on all fronts due to lack of info and ease of finding info. it use to be very easy straight forward, not sure what's happened, it's like the elk article I posted from Florida, looked for info on it on the twra site and zip. Not sure why other states get info about what's going on here but we can't. Trying to look something up on the twra website brings more strikes than hits for some reason, Maybe a younger reader might phrase something a little different and get a hit?.

WTM

youre too late i caught 275 blacks out of there this morning. 🤣 🤣 🤣j/k

anyhoo

The TFWC will vote on the sportfish and commercial regulations at its Sept. 21-22 meeting to be held at Buffalo Ridge Refuge near Waverly. If approved, the sportfish regulations will be effective March 1, 2024, and commercial fishing regulations will be effective 30 days following approval.

Last edited:

scn

The legal document will be the most current Sport Fishing Proclamation. If you scroll down the homepage of the website it will be down at the very bottom of the LE section. It may be accessible in the Fishery section .

They have NEVER kept the web stuff updated.

Latest posts