Biggest 19 1/2"
Salt Strong GOLD DIGGERS

Attachments

• IMG_3127.jpeg
    IMG_3127.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

megalomaniac

Awesome! I'm going to try again Saturday. Was hoping to work diving birds out front in the bay, but looks like 2ft seas forecast, so I'll have to stay in the marsh and catch shorts again.

Part of me wants to zip across the Pearl and fish LA waters (12in fish legal), but then again, I don't even want to fool with cleaning 12in fish. I do kinda wish MS would drop the size limit down to 14in from 15... a 14in trout is perfect eating size.

megalomaniac

Just finished rerigging rods and tying on new leaders.

Gonna be a DENSE fog in the am, gotta drive slow on the way down. I'm worried the warmer temps this week will have pushed the trout back out of the marsh....

7mm08

Just finished rerigging rods and tying on new leaders.

Gonna be a DENSE fog in the am, gotta drive slow on the way down. I'm worried the warmer temps this week will have pushed the trout back out of the marsh....
Drive careful. Good luck

I'm not a fan of big moon tides except on the flats.

megalomaniac

Drive careful. Good luck

I'm not a fan of big moon tides except on the flats.
Tide was ripping for sure, but got a nice lull from 9 till 11 as it changed.

Ended up with 29 trout, but only 1 over 15in. Too windy to get into the bay or sound in my little boat.

Spent a couple hours looking for reds. Never even bumped one in my usual spots. Picked up a rat red in a trout hole. Pretty sure the big trout are out front with the shrimp. Maybe reds too. Just need water temps to get down into the 50s to push them both into the deep holes in the marsh to make easy pickings for me

Latest posts