Hey wtm

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Carried my boat to the dealer in Calvert City, Jet-A-Marine, who by the way, had a very good selection of beautiful boats. Wow.
If I hadn't been in a hurry I would have walked around more.
Anyway, dude comes out to inspect my boat and says, this is a new new boat huh?
Yeah I got it last June.
Have you dumped it off the trailer onto the ramp yet?
LOL No not yet.
Well you better not unhook it until you are in the water is all I got to say.

LOL thought about you.
Sucker is the slickest I have ever seen no doubt about that. :D

Kyboy

Carried my boat to the dealer in Calvert City, Jet-A-Marine, who by the way, had a very good selection of beautiful boats. Wow.
If I hadn't been in a hurry I would have walked around more.
Anyway, dude comes out to inspect my boat and says, this is a new new boat huh?
Yeah I got it last June.
Have you dumped it off the trailer onto the ramp yet?
LOL No not yet.
Well you better not unhook it until you are in the water is all I got to say.

LOL thought about you.
Sucker is the slickest I have ever seen no doubt about that. :D
Is your new boat a tracker? Friend of mine done that with his bradnew one, he about cried. All it done was mess up the skeg on his motor a bit

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Is your new boat a tracker? Friend of mine done that with his bradnew one, he about cried. All it done was mess up the skeg on his motor a bit
Yes sir, Pro 170.
I was "anal" about not unhooking my old boat till the back end was in the water. My son always said, "It ain't going nowhere."
Definitely more so now LOL

WTM

lol, yeah thats why you trim the motor all the way up too until you get it over water too. never throttle one up on the trailer either like you do a glass boat or youll end up in the truck bed or jump over the front roller and hang it sideways on the trailer.

the tracker shop in gallatin put two on the ground before they realized and their ramp is about half as steep as the ones i use.

cbhunter

I got a fiberglass boat off here years ago in the pay it forward section. Had a 25hp Johnson on it. Got it running and headed to 1000 acre lake with dad to try it out. All we had ever had was Jon boats. Glass was slick I guess cause we dropped it half way down ramp. Messed up skeg

I got tired of fooling with the motor and paid it forward again about a year later

Crow Terminator

Mine is 2 yrs old now and still slides a little but not as bad as it did the first year or so. The big plus side to it though is if you are loading it in shallower water, you can winch it up SUPER easy.

The guy I fished with that had his Tracker 195 come off the trailer...I was IN the boat when that happened. We had no idea they'd do that and wasn't on a steep ramp either. He unhooked all the straps at the staging area. He told me to hop in the boat and he'd back it down, then I'd go to the dock to pick him up. As soon as we crested over the apex of the hill and started down, I felt it move. He tapped the brakes and that's all it took. I was looking at the sky and heard the God awful scraping noise. It actually skidded down to the water.

WTM

i wax the piss out of mine and its super slick. one thing about it you can wash the scum off with just a water hose. i think that paint helps the top end speed too with the smaller motors.

Kyboy

Mine is 2 yrs old now and still slides a little but not as bad as it did the first year or so. The big plus side to it though is if you are loading it in shallower water, you can winch it up SUPER easy.

The guy I fished with that had his Tracker 195 come off the trailer...I was IN the boat when that happened. We had no idea they'd do that and wasn't on a steep ramp either. He unhooked all the straps at the staging area. He told me to hop in the boat and he'd back it down, then I'd go to the dock to pick him up. As soon as we crested over the apex of the hill and started down, I felt it move. He tapped the brakes and that's all it took. I was looking at the sky and heard the God awful scraping noise. It actually skidded down to the water.
My buddies was also a 195, we have unhooked numerous boats and backed down the ramp, we got into this habit when we tourney fished a lot. We will def be taking the 30 seconds to unhook in the water from now on.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
Im always trying to prepare for the worst. I unhook everything but the winch which i let a few feet of slack in , get to the water , float it and then pull back to me and unhook . Then tie off and move the truck!

Latest posts