Hens Don't Have a Chance

Spurhunter

I have a hen nesting near a camera on my place. I'm just amazed how any of them survive. This is just a 36 hour window.

RNFetchBlobTmp_jh7ysq650smj04d75eshk.jpg

RNFetchBlobTmp_rsq45knvtwwo83ysgps2e.jpg

RNFetchBlobTmp_iz6nuq201t6wm289qtema.jpg

RNFetchBlobTmp_tpw24506w7l41olcm2vg3y.jpg

UCStandSitter

Hduke86

Man I'd try to find a local that would dispatch any critter caught in your trap. I'd like that dang road in a few place from one side to the next to catch those critters in front of a camera and then call a local to go take care of it and maybe slide them a gift card to somewhere in the mail.

Spurhunter

I hate to say this on a public forum, but who says you have to run traps every day? The end result is the same, the critters we want gone are gone.
I'm not a trapper and know nothing about it, but I don't believe in leaving an animal to suffer. There's no way I could leave an animal in a trap to suffer for days. I know beaver traps kill the animal immediately. If there was a coyote trap like that I'd be all in.

Huntaholic

I'm not a trapper and know nothing about it, but I don't believe in leaving an animal to suffer. There's no way I could leave an animal in a trap to suffer for days. I know beaver traps kill the animal immediately. If there was a coyote trap like that I'd be all in.
snares are the answer you seek.

Boll Weevil

I know beaver traps kill the animal immediately. If there was a coyote trap like that I'd be all in.
A Duke 330 would do the job for both cats and yotes but I believe kill traps must be in or adjacent to water (would have to consult the regs to confirm). That being said, if there's pets or children nearby would not advise...those kill traps are terminal for sure. I've caught armadillos and a 330 will absolutely crush that shell like a marshmallow.

DeerCamp

Very generous offer. I'm going to do some research on trapping. I literally don't know anything except live catch traps.
My neighbor is (literally) a professional trapper, and I also have some experience - let me know if you have questions and if I don't know an answer, I'll ask him. He loves to talk shop. I haven't trapped much the last few months but I did catch 3 coyotes in 4 sets just prior to that.

Latest posts