Have hens EVER been legal to hunt with bow?

SaltwaterWalt

Has Tn ever allowed hens being taken by archery equipment in fall?

Had this discussion with a friend from Ky who showed me their regs that allow for a hen to be taken with bow and arrow. I've always thought Tn was bearded bird only, regardless of weapon. Can't really find anything on the internet if Tn ever did have a hen season. They only show bearded birds only.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
In Missouri you can kill them with a shotgun during the month of October for fall turkey season, and with a bow throughout all of bow season. When you buy your bow tag you get 2 any-deer tags and 2 any turkey tags.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Might explain why MO numbers are down.
I don't disagree, but it has been this way forever and the population was booming way after these regs were put in place so I am not sure. We dont shoot hens, but I know some people do.

redblood

As of others have said it used to be legal and the limits were stupidly high. I remember seeing pics from some real stellar asshats on tnturkey with piles of dead hens. I naturally got banned for calling out what they were doing and how it was wrong.
I remember seeing videos posted on here of hens being sprayed shot and killing multiples with one shot- whole flock a floppin. It was legal, but not a good look

Flintlocksforme

For the record- id be ok with s tom being able to be harvested in bow season, i dont think that woukd really affect turkey numbers much
Well the problem with archery turkeys for me from a tree is it's takes a few to learn where to hit them. I hate to think of the death a few gobblers had from me hitting meat only and no organs. Seems like it's an easy target but for every one I have killed from a tree I have hit 2 in the breast and they probably died of infection. Ground blind seems like the best way to go for archery.

Latest posts