Has anyone seen anything "official" on this?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Might be true, might not be, dunno.
Wouldn't surprise me at all though.

The Word from TWRA employee in Nashville office is TWRA got charged more on their blinds than 30,000 after tax and shipping the company is billing TWRA 42,000 per blind and refusing to brush so TWRA has decided to leave existing blinds on tier 2 spots in place to keep from spending the money they promised to spend and to keep TWRA area managers from having to brush the blinds themselves. Chris Richardson stood in front of the commission and promised if the new proposal passed they'd do every single blind this year now TWRA is back sliding like always. Every old blind left standing at a tier 2 location is more money in TWRA's pockets now. Do what you want with this information.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I know they have already burned A4 at Tigrett. Hope they put something there. And someone will need to throw brush on the existing blinds as well, or they won't be worth even trying to hunt this year.

West_Tn

I hope every one of them gets burnt so TWRA has to build them like they said they would.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Wouldn't the approved contract bid necessarily have included brushing and being under a certain amount, with limited contingencies for any adjustments?

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Heck, the contingencies probably would have involved paying TWRA *back* if either building or brushing are not done by a certain time.

UpperTully

I know they have already burned A4 at Tigrett. Hope they put something there. And someone will need to throw brush on the existing blinds as well, or they won't be worth even trying to hunt this year.
That was a dumpster fire if I ever seen one. They burned more of the surrounding cypress (potentially damaging them for good) than the blind it self.

I cant imagine what would happen to a hunter if they burned up a few cypress trees.

Hduke86

That was a dumpster fire if I ever seen one. They burned more of the surrounding cypress (potentially damaging them for good) than the blind it self.

I cant imagine what would happen to a hunter if they burned up a few cypress trees.
You would probably be fined enough to plant new trees and build one of their $42,000 fancy Taj Mahal blinds, maybe it will come with a massaging chair for those slow days

Jubal

They didn't burn the TWRA blinds in Camden. They knew they weren't going to get them built, and probably never planned to build them this year. However, they did burn several blinds that were in as good or possible better shape. Of course they were the season long blinds.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
They didn't burn the TWRA blinds in Camden. They knew they weren't going to get them built, and probably never planned to build them this year. However, they did burn several blinds that were in as good or possible better shape. Of course they were the season long blinds.
They burnt out a ton of blinds in Camden this year. I don't know that I have ever seen as many "No Blind on Site" listings as there were this year.

Latest posts