Anyone excited?

WilcoKen

For the two day opener ?
I am less excited than I have ever been.
Maybe that means we will have a good one 🤷🏼‍♂️
My sentiments exactly Ruger. I had planned on going this weekend but decided to back out. New group of guys this year and the chemistry just isn't there for me. Need to work anyways. Plus I think the WMA is going to be a circus Saturday and Sunday.

On another note, the buddy I leased the pit in Bootheel these last 2 years with called me Friday. The farmer burned the field and buddy had 20 doz TX rigged decoys in the pit along with other stuff. Well the fire got going good and everything in the pit caught on fire. Total loss. I feel bad for him but man I'm glad I didn't do that pit again this year. It was ALWAYS something due to poor planning or his stubbornness. All for not even 50 ducks.

I will probably take most of this season off and go solo next year. Hope you have a good season!

Last edited:

Coltens

I am excited, mainly for hanging out with some of my closest friends and hopefully kill a few ducks. We haven't had a ton of success the last few years so just enjoy going and if we kill some even better.

scn

For all of you woodie killers, I have some fly tiers that would be VERY appreciative of the flank feathers. Will be happy to cover the mailing costs.

They could also use some flank feather's from drake gadwalls.

Thanks, Steve

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
For all of you woodie killers, I have some fly tiers that would be VERY appreciative of the flank feathers. Will be happy to cover the mailing costs.

Thanks, Steve
We will hook you up. I'm thinking we will kill 20 or so. 😂

Don'tDrinkTinks

Thanks, Steve
Pretty sure I can help as well

wildside

My sentiments exactly Ruger. I had planned on going this weekend but decided to back out. New group of guys this year and the chemistry just isn't there for me. Need to work anyways. Plus I think the WMA is going to be a circus Saturday and Sunday.

On another note, the buddy I leased the pit in Bootheel these last 2 years with called me Friday. The farmer burned the field and buddy had 20 doz TX rigged decoys in the pit along with other stuff. Well the fire got going good and everything in the pit caught on fire. Total loss. I feel bad for him but man I'm glad I didn't do that pit again this year. It was ALWAYS something due to poor planning or his stubbornness. All for not even 50 ducks.

I will probably take most of this season off and go solo next year. Hope you have a good season!
Whew! Doged a bullet there.....

Latest posts