Gunbroker heads up

Snowwolfe

Very serious. They sent out an email saying they were adding another 34 states effective April 1
They plan on adding it to the invoice, the seller collects it, then the seller will be billed for it.

From their web site:
Starting on April 1, 2021, GunBroker.com collects and remit sales tax on behalf of all sellers for sales in which the item is sold into the following states:

Alabama - ALMaine - MEPennsylvania - PA
Arizona - AZMaryland - MDPuerto Rico - PR
Arkansas - ARMassachusetts - MARhode Island - RI
California - CAMichigan - MISouth Carolina - SC
Colorado - COMinnesota - MNSouth Dakota - SD
Connecticut - CTMississippi - MSTennessee - TN
District of Columbia - DCNebraska - NETexas - TX
Georgia - GANevada - NVUtah - UT
Hawaii - HINew Jersey - NJVermont - VT
Idaho - IDNew Mexico - NMVirginia - VA
Illinois - ILNew York - NYWashington - WA
Indiana - INNorth Carolina - NCWest Virginia - WV
Iowa - IANorth Dakota - NDWisconsin - WI
Kentucky - KYOhio - OHWyoming - WY
Louisiana - LAOklahoma - OK

Last edited:
Not a fan of Gunbroker, people see a couple of overpriced auctions and then they think that's the new value of said item. I hope all the knuckleheads standing in line at the box stores buying up ammo to flip get a big tax bill from the IRS. Profit is a good thing, manipulating the market is not.

WTM

Not a fan of Gunbroker, people see a couple of overpriced auctions and then they think that's the new value of said item. I hope all the knuckleheads standing in line at the box stores buying up ammo to flip get a big tax bill from the IRS. Profit is a good thing, manipulating the market is not.
yeah i bet those idiots dont know that stuff they are re-selling is IRS taxable.

TNReb

If you don't like paying taxes, you need to be complaining to your state government, not gunbroker.

Just because they didn't charge taxes in the past doesn't mean you weren't supposed to pay them.

Not saying this at anyone on here.. just speaking in general...

Hunter 257W

Well, we pay taxes most everywhere so guess it's not the end of the world. I'll be glad when/IF things get back to normal so that I can order a gun wholesale again and buy new guns cheaper than used.

Hunter 257W

I agree about using auctions to establish value of anything. Just because something sold for a certain price at auction doesn't mean it is repeatable on the open market.

If you don't like paying taxes, you need to be complaining to your state government, not gunbroker.

Just because they didn't charge taxes in the past doesn't mean you weren't supposed to pay them.

Not saying this at anyone on here.. just speaking in general...
I personally believe in paying tax once on an item not every time it's resold but they never called to ask for my opinion.🤷‍♂️

MUP

I bought 5 rifles and a shotgun off GB last year, but i usually go straight to the seller to get a better deal. Never had problems, just don't care for the current atmosphere of the site.
That is my issue, not the having to pay taxes part, that's just part of life. It's the atmosphere as you said, and prices of late. I can just do without it.