It finally is about to die... guess time to upgrade

fairchaser

I vote for the super trickler. To the kernel accuracy in under 10 seconds.

Attachments

• IMG_1106.jpeg
    IMG_1106.jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 24

DaveTN

I'm just starting out, but with my background in manufacturing I just can't trust something to drop the amount of powder automatically on the press without me weighing it. Anything mechanical can fail and make a mistake, especially if it allows or depends on human interaction.

I was just reading a thread the other day where a reloader blew a J-frame Smith & Wesson to pieces. He swore up and down he didn't double charge. It was one post after another of silly non-sensical ideas. He double or at least over charged it…he had to. We see it too often.

I do like the idea of something like the chargemaster or Intelli-dropper.

Jcalder

I'm just starting out, but with my background in manufacturing I just can't trust something to drop the amount of powder automatically on the press without me weighing it. Anything mechanical can fail and make a mistake, especially if it allows or depends on human interaction.

I was just reading a thread the other day where a reloader blew a J-frame Smith & Wesson to pieces. He swore up and down he didn't double charge. It was one post after another of silly non-sensical ideas. He double or at least over charged it…he had to. We see it too often.

I do like the idea of something like the chargemaster or Intelli-dropper.
I won't say everyone does, but I drop every charge with the powder measure, into my scale pan, and trickle to the desired weight. Pretty hard to double load rifle charges, but fairly easy with pistol. But most people either use the measure to get them close and trickle as I do my rifle loads, or use it to mass load where maybe accuracy isn't near as critical, which I've done for bulk AR loads.

LY

I'm still using my old RCBS Rockchucker from 40 years ago. Still making all I need it to do.
Same here except it's around 50. Dad isn't exactly sure when he started except it was the early seventies.

Everything is original except we upgraded to an electronic scale 15 years or so ago and I literally just replaced the trimmer that started having issues last week.

Everything is RCBS except for the little Lyman tumbler, it's from the seventies too and still going strong.

WestTN2288

1 more vote for Intellidropper. It really is a game changer. Let Lee send you the replacement parts for that for bulk, easy stuff, but let the Intellidropper dial your accuracy loads in a hurry

Latest posts