Gun Smithing and Reloading

JimFromTN

There is nothing within the state that I know of. I have been looking for years. I think the closet Gunsmithing school is in NC somewhere. There are 2 really popular ones in the US and I think one is in Colorado and the other is in PA. I think there are some community colleges in other states that offer gunsmithing courses. You never know, you could check any community colleges in your area to see if they have any courses. If they don't they may at least have shop courses on how to work with lathes, milling machines, drill presses, and welders if you don't have any experiences with that kind of equipment. The NRA offers some gunsmithing courses but I am not sure how you find out about them and how you qualitfy to go to them. Some may require that you work for law enforcement. There are lots of online gunsmithing courses but without hands on experience on the machines, I don't know what good they would do you. AGI, American Gunsmitthing Institute, has a course where they send you videos which cost about $50 each. You can buy each dvd seprately or pay for the entire course which I think is around $800. You can also buy the dvds from Brownells. You can rent some of the dvd's on SmartFlix.com. It costs like $10 for week.

Latest posts