Guess the score

13pt

Ok I'll give in a little. Not the best after velvet pic, but might help…
72FCFDBA-EA81-4EC9-89E8-A0CDE0AB1F04.jpeg

13pt

Official score coming in about 45 mins. Clue: It qualified for the Longhunter Society Big Game Record Book…and the mass between the G-3 and G-4 (last mass measurement) on each side was only 2/8 smaller than the bases!

DoubleRidge

Official score coming in about 45 mins. Clue: It qualified for the Longhunter Society Big Game Record Book…and the mass between the G-3 and G-4 (last mass measurement) on each side was only 2/8 smaller than the bases!

Never doubted for one second that buck would qualify for the Long Hunter Society Book.... difficult to guess from the pics provided but I'll go with 158 gross 151 net...stud of a buck.

13pt

Ok time for the reveal. You were all pretty close to each other on guesses from 150-162". So, when I first started attempting to score this buck off trail camera pics (while in velvet), I had him mid-to-low 150's, as did a couple other buddies that are great at scoring. After collecting more pics, especially out of velvet, I trimmed him down to about 150", and I'm usually conservative. Well, this one stumped me, even with collection of pics I had to study. And it's a classic example of how hard it is to score trophy bucks without putting the tape to it. Final official gross score 143 2/8. He loses a lot on the shorter 21" main beams and just under 15" spread. He certainly has the mass in spades, and apparently that's what throws everyone off on scoring. He's still the largest registered muzzleloader kill in White County last time I looked. I just wanted to share this one to give you a classic example of how hard it is to score from pictures. I've learned over the years to score as close as you can, then deduct 10" and you might get close. Thanks for the guesses 👍

DoubleRidge

Ok time for the reveal. You were all pretty close to each other on guesses from 150-162". So, when I first started attempting to score this buck off trail camera pics (while in velvet), I had him mid-to-low 150's, as did a couple other buddies that are great at scoring. After collecting more pics, especially out of velvet, I trimmed him down to about 150", and I'm usually conservative. Well, this one stumped me, even with collection of pics I had to study. And it's a classic example of how hard it is to score trophy bucks without putting the tape to it. Final official gross score 143 2/8. He loses a lot on the shorter 21" main beams and just under 15" spread. He certainly has the mass in spades, and apparently that's what throws everyone off on scoring. He's still the largest registered muzzleloader kill in White County last time I looked. I just wanted to share this one to give you a classic example of how hard it is to score from pictures. I've learned over the years to score as close as you can, then deduct 10" and you might get close. Thanks for the guesses 👍

Main beams is where I was off...and off an inch on spread... Awesome mass....great buck.

Latest posts