Score question

Bone Collector

I'm wondering what y'all think this deer scores. My brother shot it, and I'm happy for him. He's happy, but he asked if I would shoulder mount it. My response was if it was 140-150" because apparently shoulder mounts are $850 now 🤯.. he comes back and says the taxidermist and another guy said this deer will go 140+… I've not seen it in person and I could be wrong, but I don't see it.

IMG_1343.jpeg

TN Larry

I would say he's mid 130s based on the one angle. Only he can decide whether he wants to mount it, however, if he's unsure on it, I'd say he'll regret it if he does. Either way, it's a great buck and congrats to him.

Ski

Do the rough math.

18" beam x2
4" brow x2
9" G2 x2
9" G3 x2
2" G4 on right side so x1
4.5" base x2
3.5" C2 x2
3" C3 x2
3" C4 on right, 2" on left
15" inside spread

That gives a rough guesstimate of 124".

IMO it would be very difficult to fudge the numbers to get another 16" for 140", but only way to know for sure is measure it. It's easy to do. Takes a couple minutes and is kinda fun. If he wants to mount it, mount it. Would make an attractive mount. And congrats on a great buck!

double browtine

I'm going to say 126-127". It's a really nice buck with a bow! He could get a euro and then get the taxi to just soft tan the hide and save it for later. I know the taxi supplies almost doubled after covid hit. That buck has a really good looking coat so it would make a nice looking shoulder mount.

Latest posts