Score question

mike243

I have 2 deer mounted and neither would probably score 100, have killed bigger but may never mount another. I don't regret either. that's a nice deer and up to him. prices were a lot lower when I had mine done. Lot of factors to consider but I like a skull mount on a nice piece of wood.

Volbuck777

Do the rough math.

18" beam x2
4" brow x2
9" G2 x2
9" G3 x2
2" G4 on right side so x1
4.5" base x2
3.5" C2 x2
3" C3 x2
3" C4 on right, 2" on left
15" inside spread

That gives a rough guesstimate of 124".

IMO it would be very difficult to fudge the numbers to get another 16" for 140", but only way to know for sure is measure it. It's easy to do. Takes a couple minutes and is kinda fun. If he wants to mount it, mount it. Would make an attractive mount. And congrats on a great buck!
I think your off on the beams 2-3 inches, otherwise I believe that's close. I'd add 6 Jmo.

Sasquatch Boogie Outdoors

I'm wondering what y'all think this deer scores. My brother shot it, and I'm happy for him. He's happy, but he asked if I would shoulder mount it. My response was if it was 140-150" because apparently shoulder mounts are $850 now 🤯.. he comes back and says the taxidermist and another guy said this deer will go 140+… I've not seen it in person and I could be wrong, but I don't see it.

View attachment 198807
Hey pal, if every time you look at that mount it reminds you of an awesome hunt, mount it! It ain't all about antlers. it's about the experience. He is a beaut and definitely one to be proud of!!! If the hunt was great, hang him on the wall!!

campbell24

That's a fine deer, especially w a bow--guys all around me mount for 400-450, I'd mount that sucker for sure so he can remember him from now on. Congrats!

JeepKuntry

I would say 128-132. Shoulder mounts can be less. Tim Rixie does good work and is $550. We use him for deer we kill in Hardeman Co.

Latest posts