Groundhog in attic update

LanceS4803

My arch nemesis, the attic dwelling groundhog, is dead!
I posted about this guy last year. I hunt on a farm with an old wood sided house. I was shocked the first time I saw this groundhog run UP the wood siding of the house and into a small hole into the attic space.
I've been trying to get him ever since, but he would not go for any of the recommended baits.
Today, after a really bad day turkey hunting, I was able to use my truck as a screen and sneak up on him. Turkey load at 33yds finally did him in.
Unfortunately, while using the truck to hide behind, the shell casing kicked out and busted my turn signal. (This Winchester pump ejects the shell, leaving a fresh one on the lifter.)
This turned into a $100 groundhog.
CIMG0326-web.jpg

CIMG0329-web.jpg

LanceS4803

If I had known the results, might have passed up the shot. I was originally going to shoot from over the bed of the truck, but there is a lot of back glass that would have been exposed to muzzle blast. I;ve seen the results of that. Not good.
As for eating, once worked with an old country lady. She loved groundhog meat. I've never tried it.

SES

LanceS4803 said:
If I had known the results, might have passed up the shot. I was originally going to shoot from over the bed of the truck, but there is a lot of back glass that would have been exposed to muzzle blast. I;ve seen the results of that. Not good.
As for eating, once worked with an old country lady. She loved groundhog meat. I've never tried it.
Now's your chance!!

timberjack86

SES said:
LanceS4803 said:
Now's your chance!!
I think there greasy.But I will try anything once!

turk870

they actually taste very good,my grand mother use to bake them in oven covered with bbq sauce.havent had any in years

FOX FIRE

Dont remeber if it was on TNdeer but someone posted up a pic of a ground hog that had climbed onto a small tree limb, also heard of gray foxes climbing trees to get away from dogs.

Locksley

timberjack86 said:
SES said:
LanceS4803 said:
Now's your chance!!
I think there greasy.But I will try anything once!

turk870 said:
they actually taste very good,my grand mother use to bake them in oven covered with bbq sauce.havent had any in years

Well you need lots of potatoes and that is white and sweet potatoes and onions to make it good.

pressfit

That sure is a lot of damage for a empty shotgun shell to do.. it must have been traveling at 80 mph.. that plastic is really tough.. nice hog..

Latest posts