Dove fields in East TN ?

Kelljp

Anyone know if there are any public fields to hunt in East Tennessee? Looked on TWRA site and still not sure, maybe a private pay to hunt field ?

Tenntrapper

Anyone know if there are any public fields to hunt in East Tennessee? Looked on TWRA site and still not sure, maybe a private pay to hunt field ?
Same here. I checked their site this morning... nothing. Don't know where you are, but buffalo springs wma is open. Also, (don't know the name of Rd) the little road that is straight across from the campground/boat ramp entrance to Cherokee dam...there is usually a public field back there. Haven't seen signs this year so...don't know. I've got to go that way in a few hours...I'll check.

Looks like Renfro rd..
Screenshot_2023-09-01-12-19-49-02_f9adfa02bf36cf2f2b650cf96d35beb8.jpg

Kelljp

Same here. I checked their site this morning... nothing. Don't know where you are, but buffalo springs wma is open. Also, (don't know the name of Rd) the little road that is straight across from the campground/boat ramp entrance to Cherokee dam...there is usually a public field back there. Haven't seen signs this year so...don't know. I've got to go that way in a few hours...I'll check.

Looks like Renfro rd..
View attachment 193473
Thanks, TWRA doesn't have the fields they use to have. Shame, it's a great social event and a good way to introduce new hunters to the sport.

Latest posts